Car rental pre cruise

massfamilyof4

We are coming in late the night before our March cruise. I was contemplating getting a car rental at the Fort Lauderdale airport and then returning it close to Port Everglades the next day. I just want to have the convenience of a car so we can pick up our pre-cruise wine and have freedom to choose a late night restaurant after traveling down that first day. Any suggestions for a convenient car rental agency and thoughts on doing this?

OP - another thing to consider is whether your hotel charges for parking. If so, you need to add that to your cost calculations. Most of the hotels along the beach, where real estate is expensive, charge up to $25/night.

Where are you staying? :confused: Embassy Suites and nearby hotels are close to Total Wine and Publix for wine, as walking distance to many restaurants. Taxi from FLL to ES will be about $15 and another short $12-15 taxi will get all 4 of you to the ship the next morning. UberXL could also handle all 4 of you plus bags for about the same fare. I would skip the car rental unless you have plans that need one.

All above is great advice, and discussed here daily. There really is very little reason for a car in FLL, particularly for such a short stay. A little research will have you taxi/uber/shuttle/walking around very easily, and without the hassle of renting and returning a car.