How Crowded is 7MB with 5 Ships in Port?

LBeeE

We're going to be on GC in March. Trying to decide what we might do for the day with 2 (quiet) older kids (11 & 13). Would really like to see 7 Mile Beach but would prefer to avoid heavy crowds and smaller aged kids. Looking for a low key day. We are wondering how best to avoid the crowds at 7MB and what other beach options might be easily accessible for a family of 4?

Do you need facilities such as a restaurant and chair/watersports rentals? Are you willing to rent a car and go further afield? What are your must-haves in a beach?

It's hard to say how crowded SMB will be, but yeah, it's where a large percentage of visitors head.

More info about some of the sections of SMB is in post #4 of this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2551309

We're going to be on GC in March. Trying to decide what we might do for the day with 2 (quiet) older kids (11 & 13). Would really like to see 7 Mile Beach but would prefer to avoid heavy crowds and smaller aged kids. Looking for a low key day. We are wondering how best to avoid the crowds at 7MB and what other beach options might be easily accessible for a family of 4?

If it were me I'd get off the ship and wander along beach to the left in bathing suits, towels and flip flops and just enjoy the walking /swimming. 2 miles/4miles whatever and then take a taxi back...

I've done a fair number of 'land' vacations on GC - dive trips actually, usually staying at Sunset House

a 5 ship day is a day folks staying here stay away from downtown and 7 mile areas as well as Stingray City ..... it will be 'busy'

a higher probablity of an uncrowded beach is Smith's Cove

http://caribya.com/georgetown/smiths.cove/

a short taxi ride from the pier AWAY from 7 Mile

after some swimming and good shore snorkeling (if you have gear)

walk to Sunset House for lunch and ask them to call you a taxi

or walk back a lil under a mile

Smiths-Cove-George-Town-Cayman-Islands.jpg

enhance

Edited by Capt_BJ

If it were me I'd get off the ship and wander along beach to the left in bathing suits, towels and flip flops and just enjoy the walking /swimming. 2 miles/4miles whatever and then take a taxi back...

With two kids? It's about 1.5miles from the port to the start of the beach, and a good portion of that walk has no sidewalks. And the sun is hot. Unless your family is used to long walks in the heat, I wouldn't.

• 3 weeks later...
With two kids? It's about 1.5miles from the port to the start of the beach, and a good portion of that walk has no sidewalks. And the sun is hot. Unless your family is used to long walks in the heat, I wouldn't.

You could look at spending the day at Royal Palms resort. You can rent cabanas or just pay a few dollars to use their facilities and private section of the beach. Check out their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
You could look at spending the day at Royal Palms resort. You can rent cabanas or just pay a few dollars to use their facilities and private section of the beach. Check out their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Royal Palms.

https://royalpalmscayman.com/

Plus, it's on 7MB, which is a gorgeous beach!