Escape Internet Package Pre-Booking Not Available?

robmac330

I'm sailing on Escape in March (61 days to go, woo!) and while everything else you'd expect to be listed in Explore and Plan on the website is available, there are curiously no internet packages listed. I've been reading other posts about Escape going to tiered internet packages, but it seems strange that there are none listed for presale.

Has anyone else run into this?

Our booking through Costco included 100 minutes of internet per cabin, which automatically posted once we created an onboard internet account. One thing we all (fairly device-literate people) noticed is that the log-out feature, which stopped the clock running on the package, was pretty clunky, and didn't always turn off the meter. After the first 100 minutes were up, we tended to purchase 30 minute increments, as that was both enough to check emails and texts for the day, and didn't make us feel bad if we ended up wasting some of the time due to the meter not turning off. BTW: In every port there was either free wifi or a good 4G signal that supported a fast internet connection, so we only used ship wifi during the sea days. Enjoy your trip.

Internet packages are often not added until later. It may be at about 60 days, I can’t remember for sure.

They aren’t showing up yet for our cruise in 69 days. I’m expecting to see them later this month.

Lo and behold, if I had waited one more day I would have never had a question. Internet packages came available today, the 60 day mark!

Interesting. I got a Costco package too and my 100 minutes appeared on my NCL page immediately.

BY THE WAY: Anyone know what cellular reception is like at ports deep within the ship? I was on the EPIC in Europe this summer and had NO reception in my solo cabin. The walls were just too thick to get signal. Anyone know if that’s the case on the Excape too?

what kind of internet packages is available for the Escape? Is it the same time plans or the new package they are slowly rolling out. I have to wait about 4 months for my escape cruise

Currently they have the following 3 packages listed for the 3/17 sailing of the Escape:

100 minutes - $75

250 minutes - $125

Unlimited - $209.93 (no speed mentioned)

Interesting. I got a Costco package too and my 100 minutes appeared on my NCL page immediately.

That is something completely different. If you have the internet as a promo then it will show up on your account straight away. This discussion is about when it becomes available to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the same cruise :) count down is going so fast yet so slow :)

The countdown needs to go quicker! I'm running out of things to research and plan that don't cost me money!

Have you joined the Roll Call for the cruise yet?