Hub App

Butterbean1000

• 6 months later...

I don't want to use my "real" cellphone on the ship, because of the risk of "de-airplane mode", and because it's expensive.

I just ordered this $10 phone to use aboard the ship:

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/en/straighttalk/phones/alcatel-onetouch-reg%3B-pixi-avion-lte-trade%3B%28a571vl%29-stala571vcp-p

I don't want to use my "real" cellphone on the ship, because of the risk of "de-airplane mode", and because it's expensive.

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/en/straighttalk/phones/alcatel-onetouch-reg%3B-pixi-avion-lte-trade%3B%28a571vl%29-stala571vcp-p

You’re able to use the phone for the app? Can it also be used for the $5 texting?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have detailed instructions for putting Carnival Hub app on a MacBook? Have tried BlueStacks and Google Play and apparently am not smart enough. Says "not compatible with my device". Although I have the Hub on an iPod (easy to carry) and an iPhone 8 Plus (not easy to carry), I'd like to be able to use my MacBook aboard ship to get mail. Have a "Value" WiFi plan.

Thanks

Anyone have detailed instructions for putting Carnival Hub app on a MacBook? Have tried BlueStacks and Google Play and apparently am not smart enough. Says "not compatible with my device". Although I have the Hub on an iPod (easy to carry) and an iPhone 8 Plus (not easy to carry), I'd like to be able to use my MacBook aboard ship to get mail. Have a "Value" WiFi plan.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with Macbooks or iOS, but my hunch is that it's not possible. The Hub app is a mobile app designed for smartphones (but will work on tablets), not computers. Mobile apps and computer programs are programmed differently. Unless there's a way to run a simulated environment on the Macbook, in which it'll trick the app into thinking it's a mobile device and not a computer, I don't see how it's possible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks

You do NOT need the hub app to use PAID WiFi, therefore it is not necessary to download the app, you will simply be redirected to a login page when you connect to the ships network.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure what kind of phone you have, but it is a simple process to put a Samsung or iPhone in airplane mode.

You do NOT need the hub app to use PAID WiFi, therefore it is not necessary to download the app, you will simply be redirected to a login page when you connect to the ships network.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hahaha, I completely glanced over WHY he wanted the Hub app on the Macbook. You're correct, the Hub app doesn't even have the ability to check email. As you stated, he simply needs to connect to the ship's network using the Value plan he's getting, and then he can read his emails

What exactly is the chat feature?
Think of it like an in-app text feature. The feature allows you to chat (text) with others on board that have also paid the $5 for the feature. You must know the number of the person you want to chat with. If I recall correctly, it's a 4 digit number that you're assigned when you enable the feature. Note: for security reasons, minors can only chat with their parents, nobody else