Labadee Beach Bed

kac000

Hey all,

Im traveling on the October 28th Allure of the seas cruise for my honeymoon! Ive seen some old reviews showing the beach beds on Labadee but in the cruise planner all I can find are the bungalows with the couch and then the cabanas.

Do these still exist?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The Beach Bed is showing available for $175 on our cruise next week to Labadee. Keep watching your shore excursion options. They also offer the Beach Lounger for 2 with a clamshell over 2 lounge chairs. Don't remember the cost, but they show available.

We have a Beach Bungalow reserved and when I just looked they are not shown anymore, so my guess is that they've sold out and been removed. May explain why you don't see the Beach Bed on your cruise. Keep watching and also inquire on board.

I'm going on a back-to-back at the beginning of April; two stops in Labadee. The beach bed is not available to reserve on either cruise. I've been on the lookout to reserve one since I booked this cruise in April 2016 and they've never been available to reserve.

Our cruise is leaving on Friday and we have a beach bed reserved in Labadee. I only decided on it a few weeks ago so I am not sure when they first showed up in the cruise planner. Maybe they wait to see if they can get people into the more expensive options (cabanas and bungalows) first before opening them up as an option? I will post a review when we get home as I had the same issue on lack of/old reviews. So keep an eye out in the Private Islands forum! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am back as promised! As I mentioned before I only booked the beach bed maybe a month out from our cruise so I am not sure when they first became available but of the 15-20 (estimate as I didn't count) beds available only about 6 were actually occupied on the day we were in Labadee. We paid $175 for the use of the bed the entire day and it came with 2 towels, a cooler with ice and 6 large bottles of Evian, 2 floating mats, 2 lounge chairs, and an attendant. There was a bathroom and buffet lunch facility not to far from where we were. The beds are located on Adrenaline beach which seemed to be the farthest beach from the pier but there were numerous shuttles and golf carts running all day ferrying people around the area. The zipline runs directly over the beach beds so there is some screaming roughly every 20 minutes as a new set of zipliners passes over you but it only lasts a few seconds and was somewhat entertaining. :) That area of Adrenaline beach was not extremely crowded possibly due to the distance from the pier and lack of other lounge chairs in the area. The attendants were great, coming around roughly every 30 minutes to make sure we were happy and didn't need anything. They also came around to let us know that lunch was ready and kicked out a few people who tried to use the beach beds without paying (you get a wrist band when you first arrive and show them your excursion ticket). We enjoyed having a nice place to relax/stretch out with some shade and would probably get the beach bed again if we are in Labadee. Let me know if you have any questions! I am also planning on posting this on the Private Islands port of call boards.

When taking a case of water on, do you have to carry it yourself?

K.R.

No, you can check it. However, delivery may be delayed by security until you come down and show them it's only water.

The water we had actually came with the beach bed so we didn't have to do anything for those. We did however carry on a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of red bull. We placed 1 - 12 pack in each of our carry ons and went through security in different lines. Both of us were asked if we were carrying soda and to open the case and show them. Once we both started to open the cases however they said that was fine and waived us on. This was Port of Miami to note.

We have had a beach bed a couple of times and really like it. For 2, it’s less than half the price of a cabana. The service is great and it’s fun listening to the people scream on the zip line. Oh, and the swim up bar is close. Don’t forget your swim shoes!

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am back as promised! As I mentioned before I only booked the beach bed maybe a month out from our cruise so I am not sure when they first became available but of the 15-20 (estimate as I didn't count) beds available only about 6 were actually occupied on the day we were in Labadee. We paid $175 for the use of the bed the entire day and it came with 2 towels, a cooler with ice and 6 large bottles of Evian, 2 floating mats, 2 lounge chairs, and an attendant. There was a bathroom and buffet lunch facility not to far from where we were. The beds are located on Adrenaline beach which seemed to be the farthest beach from the pier but there were numerous shuttles and golf carts running all day ferrying people around the area. The zipline runs directly over the beach beds so there is some screaming roughly every 20 minutes as a new set of zipliners passes over you but it only lasts a few seconds and was somewhat entertaining. :) That area of Adrenaline beach was not extremely crowded possibly due to the distance from the pier and lack of other lounge chairs in the area. The attendants were great, coming around roughly every 30 minutes to make sure we were happy and didn't need anything. They also came around to let us know that lunch was ready and kicked out a few people who tried to use the beach beds without paying (you get a wrist band when you first arrive and show them your excursion ticket). We enjoyed having a nice place to relax/stretch out with some shade and would probably get the beach bed again if we are in Labadee. Let me know if you have any questions! I am also planning on posting this on the Private Islands port of call boards.

Thanks for the review!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

You only need to book it for 1 person. They will allow up to 4 people to use the bed and will give them wristbands so no one tries to kick them out. Just make sure everyone goes down to the bed together the first time. I received an "excursion ticket" in my room the day before we docked at Labadee and the attendant asked to see my Sea Pass card to verify.