transportation from pristine beach and parrot bay

jerancin

We will be in Roatan on February 28th and trying to decide on Pristine Beach, Parrot Bay, or Tabyana. Does anyone know if there is a return to the ship shuttle from Pristine Beach or Parrot Bay if you want to leave early from the ship excursion? Tabyana provides shuttle service back to the ship early after lunch, but can't find any information on Pristine Beach or Parrot Bay.

Edited by jerancin
adding information

We have always done Parrot Tree with our own driver for the day. It has always worked out cheaper and less hassle than trying to arrange a taxi and you have the flexibility to change your mind if plans don’t work out or you don’t like a place.

have heard that, but have also heard that west end beach is public. I don't know, but we did go there with a taxi in 2005. The taxi driver provided a personal guide who stayed with us the whole time to provide us with anything we needed including security on the beach. The taxi driver came back at the requested time and took us on a scenic drive back to the ship. To say the least, we tipped very well and had an excellent trip. Maybe things have changed and we would be better off taking the cruise excursion. We did that in 2008. I was just curious about the other two excursions to try something new, but was wondering about the ability to return to the ship if we wanted to leave early.

have heard that, but have also heard that west end beach is public. I don't know, but we did go there with a taxi in 2005. The taxi driver provided a personal guide who stayed with us the whole time to provide us with anything we needed including security on the beach. The taxi driver came back at the requested time and took us on a scenic drive back to the ship. To say the least, we tipped very well and had an excellent trip. Maybe things have changed and we would be better off taking the cruise excursion. We did that in 2008. I was just curious about the other two excursions to try something new, but was wondering about the ability to return to the ship if we wanted to leave early.

You can certainly use a private driver to take you to West Bay which is public I just thought Tabayana ( an area of West Bay was ship only).

We have done similar to you keeping a driver for trips to Turquoise Bay and Parrot Tree. We like the flexibility.