Arrival at Singapore port

mmalord

just had my final travel documents from travel agent and I have noticed that Celebrity have arranged pick up from our pre-cruise hotel in Singapore for 12.30 to take us to the port. However I have had info from Celebrity stating that we can't board the ship till very late afternoon. Is anyone aware if Celebrity are sticklers for keeping to exact boarding times or if I should contact them to ask if there is a later transfer to port:confused:

just had my final travel documents from travel agent and I have noticed that Celebrity have arranged pick up from our pre-cruise hotel in Singapore for 12.30 to take us to the port. However I have had info from Celebrity stating that we can't board the ship till very late afternoon. Is anyone aware if Celebrity are sticklers for keeping to exact boarding times or if I should contact them to ask if there is a later transfer to port:confused:

Don´t worry about it. They give out different boarding times to avoid everyone coming to port at the same time.

However, if you are there early, you can board earlier without a problem.

The only reason for not being able to board before afternoon is if they had to sanitize the ship because of Noro or such. But they would not know that now.

On the other hand: Singapore is beautiful. Every hour spent there is worth it.

FYI: Taxis or uber is extremely cheap in Singapore. A ride across town to port is less than 10 USD.

We love Singapore. And I am extremely happy - because just today we won a trip to Singapore incl. flights and hotel in a raffle by Singapore Airlines.

Edited by Miaminice

Is there late boarding for your cruise or have you just been given a late boarding time(an others will be boarding earlier)? If the latter, you should be able to board when you arrive. If the first, then read on.

Whilst I have not had experience of late boarding in Singapore, I have elsewhere. From experience, there can be little communication between those who determine boarding times and those who organise local transport. You will probably find yourself arriving much too early at the port.

When this happened to us, it was impossible to get the pick-up times changes. If Celebrity use the same terminal in Singapore that Azamara did, the terminal is not one I would want to hang around in for too long. There is little there that I can remember.

It is not that far to the terminal, in your situation I would simply take a taxi closer to the time you will be able to board.