amalfi coast/positano

month11

We used Sorento First Choice back in 2015 and were very happy with them for our party of 8.

They were prompt and flexible and charge approximately the same price as Romeinlimo, which is also a good company that I highly recommend. Each company will work with you to tailor your trip to your specifications.

Lots of Options.

We used JoeBananaLimos and had a great time.

I am sure RomeInLimo does this as well.

These are two that I would look at.

Please be aware that most of these companies do not use "official tour guides" but have drivers who are very knowledgeable. For me that is sufficient but just wanted you to know.

Keith

Enrico Natale from http://enjoyamalfitours.it/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187785-d8122068-Reviews-Enjoy_Amalfi_Tours-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

My husband and I had a perfect day with Enrico in early December. Very personalized tour and lots of fun! And quite reasonable for a full day private tour for just the two of us.

Enrico Natale from http://enjoyamalfitours.it/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187785-d8122068-Reviews-Enjoy_Amalfi_Tours-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

My husband and I had a perfect day with Enrico in early December. Very personalized tour and lots of fun! And quite reasonable for a full day private tour for just the two of us.

We will be on a back 2 back 2 back with Wind Star next September/October and I am looking at what to do in Sorrento and Amalfi. We have been to Positano briefly and I want to go back and spend the day there. Enrico looks like he might be just the ticket to pick us up in Sorrento and take us to Positano. And we like the idea of personalizing the tour. Do you remember what kind of price you paid?

We will be on a back 2 back 2 back with Wind Star next September/October and I am looking at what to do in Sorrento and Amalfi. We have been to Positano briefly and I want to go back and spend the day there. Enrico looks like he might be just the ticket to pick us up in Sorrento and take us to Positano. And we like the idea of personalizing the tour. Do you remember what kind of price you paid?

Keeping in mind that we were there in early December, which is low season, we paid $250 total for the all-day tour. He picked us up at the port in Naples, took us down the coast to Amalfi, then Ravello, then Pompeii. We also made several other stops at very scenic towns and viewpoints on the way for photos and for a coffee and cake break (his treat). We thought Enrico was very engaging and is one of those people you are just at ease with right away. He left us on our own in Amalfi and Ravello to explore, and gave us some great suggestions on where to wander and what not to miss.

He was very responsive to emails prior to the tour, and asked what we wanted to do and together we worked out an itinerary given the limited time we had. His email is enricodriver82@hotmail.it.

Keeping in mind that we were there in early December, which is low season, we paid $250 total for the all-day tour. He picked us up at the port in Naples, took us down the coast to Amalfi, then Ravello, then Pompeii. We also made several other stops at very scenic towns and viewpoints on the way for photos and for a coffee and cake break (his treat). We thought Enrico was very engaging and is one of those people you are just at ease with right away. He left us on our own in Amalfi and Ravello to explore, and gave us some great suggestions on where to wander and what not to miss.

He was very responsive to emails prior to the tour, and asked what we wanted to do and together we worked out an itinerary given the limited time we had. His email is enricodriver82@hotmail.it.

Thanks so much for the information! On our land tour of Italy we used a company that picked us up in Rome and drove us to Sorrento, Positiano for lunch and then to Pompeii. It was a crazy day! This time we are going to be very low-keyed since this is at the end of our 25 day cruise. We will be docking in Amalfi the following day but only for a short day. I think I'd like to see Ravello as well so I'll have to see which day that would be easier to do. I would say your price was pretty good for your own private tour! And it's good to know he was accommodating and engaging as well, especially when you spend the entire day with someone you just met!

Thanks so much for the information! On our land tour of Italy we used a company that picked us up in Rome and drove us to Sorrento, Positiano for lunch and then to Pompeii. It was a crazy day! This time we are going to be very low-keyed since this is at the end of our 25 day cruise. We will be docking in Amalfi the following day but only for a short day. I think I'd like to see Ravello as well so I'll have to see which day that would be easier to do. I would say your price was pretty good for your own private tour! And it's good to know he was accommodating and engaging as well, especially when you spend the entire day with someone you just met!

Ravello is must easier (and closer) from Amalfi. If you want to go on your own you can catch the local bus (that goes between Amalfi and Ravello) right at the square outside the main entrance to Amalfi.

Hank

We were two couples traveling together and used www.seeamalficoast.com in October 2017 and had a fantastic driver/guide for an eight hour tour. It was nice to have someone that "knows" the road driving and knows where to pull over for photo ops. We were taken to a great restaurant high up over Positano with a fantastic view. Everything at the restaurant is produced on the property. We weren't given menus, the only options we had were "red or white?" for wine. The tour cost €350, plus lunch, for the four of us in a comfortable van. We were picked up and returned to our apartment in Napoli. :D

We were two couples traveling together and used www.seeamalficoast.com in October 2017 and had a fantastic driver/guide for an eight hour tour. It was nice to have someone that "knows" the road driving and knows where to pull over for photo ops. We were taken to a great restaurant high up over Positano with a fantastic view. Everything at the restaurant is produced on the property. We weren't given menus, the only options we had were "red or white?" for wine. The tour cost €350, plus lunch, for the four of us in a comfortable van. We were picked up and returned to our apartment in Napoli. :D

Thank you! I will check this company out as well. On our last trip we stopped for lunch high above Positano and the views were amazing! I do want to spend some time down in the town this time around. We only have until 2:00 p.m. the day we are at Amalfi but until midnight the day we are in Sorrento. Cheers!

Now that I think about it, it was €250 and not $250, for our day with Enrico. Still a great rate. He has a clean, new van so there would be plenty of room for 4. I agree about going with someone who knows all the best places to stop, because there are lots of lovely viewpoints along the way and very interesting information. Enrico may have a higher rate for 4 people than for 2; I don't know because we never asked. We were so happy with the rate we never looked for anyone to share the tour with!

Now that I think about it, it was €250 and not $250, for our day with Enrico. Still a great rate. He has a clean, new van so there would be plenty of room for 4. I agree about going with someone who knows all the best places to stop, because there are lots of lovely viewpoints along the way and very interesting information. Enrico may have a higher rate for 4 people than for 2; I don't know because we never asked. We were so happy with the rate we never looked for anyone to share the tour with!

With the exception of St Barth's, we've never shared a tour with another couple that we met on the ship. We have toured with our two adult sons so that has made us a group of 4 in the past. This time it will just be my husband and I. I think for this stop on our cruise I would want to do things on our own. Either way I think Enrico sounds like a great choice for us and I so appreciate your helpfulness!

Thank you! I will check this company out as well. On our last trip we stopped for lunch high above Positano and the views were amazing! I do want to spend some time down in the town this time around. We only have until 2:00 p.m. the day we are at Amalfi but until midnight the day we are in Sorrento. Cheers!

We too used the same tour company and was very pleased...we would definitely recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums