Seaside YC for wheelchair user - help!

TinaM67

Ok, so I just booked a Handicap YC cabin, and I was so excited. Tonight I am looking at the Seaside deck plans, and I do not see a "lift" on deck 19. This is where the YC pool and grill are located. Please tell me this cannot be! Only stairs from Deck 18 to Deck 19??

One word of caution.......we are on the Seaside right now.

I commented to my husband that I have not seen any public bathrooms with buttons to help open the doors. Even ones that are supposedly for handicapped only.

Some ships only have them on the inside to get out. I loved the Harmony of the Seas because all the public bathrooms had buttons on both the inside and outside to open those heavy doors. I actually find this a bit shocking for a new ship.

I am not handicapped as such but have severe arthritis and sometimes it is difficult to use my hands so I notice those things,

Also, I am sure you have read about the elevator issues. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out. The elevator banks are small for such a large ship.

Today is Thursday. I would say I have been in at least a dozen ‘dead’ elevators. They arrive at your floor, fairly full.

You get in and notice all the number lights have gone off and that is the end. You cannot push any buttons that will take so everyone has to get off and wait for another elevator.

The elevator problem arises from people in the Yacht Club (Like me) who don't know how to use the bands. We were not given any information on their use. I refuse to use them anymore. The elevator situation in not good. Bob