Regal Princess Baltic Cruise Data Package

Teddy560

When we've been on board the internet was normally accessible around the clock whether in port or at sea. Only time not working is loss of satellite connection.

Yes agreed, if you are on the ship you will get MedallionNet. We had 12 hour downtime at one point due to a loss of satellite connection which affected other ships who used the same satellites in that area. It was very hard to go cold turkey lol

Sandra

Yes agreed, if you are on the ship you will get MedallionNet. We had 12 hour downtime at one point due to a loss of satellite connection which affected other ships who used the same satellites in that area. It was very hard to go cold turkey lol

Sandra

Thank you Sandra for your time. I am hoping the connection will be as good as the Caribbean. It would really put my mind at ease. :)

• 2 months later...

I just saw that Medallion.net on my upcoming Baltic Cruise is $14.99 per day. I love how they advertise free use of WhatsApp, but don't mention that if you are not Elite or Platinum you need to pay $14.99 per day. My carrier is Sprint. They charge $0.50 per text onboard ship. Free text in ports. Calls are .20 min in port, and $2.99 per minute from ship. (Won't be calling or answering phone on ship!)

I just saw that Medallion.net on my upcoming Baltic Cruise is $14.99 per day. I love how they advertise free use of WhatsApp, but don't mention that if you are not Elite or Platinum you need to pay $14.99 per day. My carrier is Sprint. They charge $0.50 per text onboard ship. Free text in ports. Calls are .20 min in port, and $2.99 per minute from ship. (Won't be calling or answering phone on ship!)

Interesting, now coming up as $14.99 for my Regal cruise in October too. Where does it say you need MedallionNet to use the messaging apps? This was always something free when you connected to wi-fi and you did not need to sign in to a payment plan.

Interesting, now coming up as $14.99 for my Regal cruise in October too. Where does it say you need MedallionNet to use the messaging apps? This was always something free when you connected to wi-fi and you did not need to sign in to a payment plan.

MedallionNet is the Wifi aboard the Regal. You can't connect for free unless you are Platinum or Elite. My July cruise will only be my second on Princess, so no status :)

MedallionNet is the Wifi aboard the Regal. You can't connect for free unless you are Platinum or Elite.

Connecting to MedallionNet is free.

Then using MedallionNet to communicate with the Internet has a charge.

Using MedallionNet for activities such as ordering room service, checking stateroom accounts, etc. is at no charge.

Connecting to MedallionNet is free.

Then using MedallionNet to communicate with the Internet has a charge.

Using MedallionNet for activities such as ordering room service, checking stateroom accounts, etc. is at no charge.

Thank you for the clarification. Based on this, does that mean that using WhatsApp aboard the ship is also free?

Thank you for the clarification. Based on this, does that mean that using WhatsApp aboard the ship is also free?

Yes other passengers have reported using this and other messaging apps for free

On Regal only (I believe) :

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/*****-preview-modules/free-messaging.html

We were offered 7 days of internet for $20 a day on up to 4 devices. Internet was fast.

I did not try free messaging and my son used the internet wifi for his phone, which was buzzing all the time.

I did not notice the free messaging before I agreed to buy the 7 days, but both son and I had things due during the cruise as well, mine needed a full internet connection.

Yes other passengers have reported using this and other messaging apps for free

I do not see how since WhatsApp does require access to the Internet.