boarding / check-in / embarkment time

jennyumaa

Hi! I have just printed out the SetSail Pass for our upcoming trip. It shows the check-in time is from 12pm to 3pm. How come I have seen many people on this forum talk about 11am, or even 10:30am arrival at the port? Is this a recent change or should I just ignore the time range on the Pass? Thanks!

Hi! I have just printed out the SetSail Pass for our upcoming trip. It shows the check-in time is from 12pm to 3pm. How come I have seen many people on this forum talk about 11am, or even 10:30am arrival at the port? Is this a recent change or should I just ignore the time range on the Pass? Thanks!

Unless you get an email with some specific reason (enhanced cleaing, government inspection) for delaying arrival, you can get to the terminal around 10:30am.

Fort Lauderdale.

Port Everglades opens the door to check in at 10:00am. Boarding normally starts at 11:00. Once checked in you will be seated according to your loyalty level to wait for your boarding group. Best times to check in without lines are 10:30 - 11:30 and after 1:30....

Thanks! So the stated check-in time has always been 12-3pm but people still got checked in at 11?

Port Everglades opens the door to check in at 10:00am. Boarding normally starts at 11:00. Once checked in you will be seated according to your loyalty level to wait for your boarding group. Best times to check in without lines are 10:30 - 11:30 and after 1:30....

I'm on Freedom of The Seas out of San Juan, Puerto Rico on June 2, 2018. Departure time is 8:30 p.m. Wonder what time we'll be able to board! Our flight arrives about noon and would like to get on the ship and at least eat dinner that day! Hopefully we can get on the ship around 4. Does anyone have any experience with such a late departure?

I'm on Freedom of The Seas out of San Juan, Puerto Rico on June 2, 2018. Departure time is 8:30 p.m. Wonder what time we'll be able to board! Our flight arrives about noon and would like to get on the ship and at least eat dinner that day! Hopefully we can get on the ship around 4. Does anyone have any experience with such a late departure?

When cruising from San Juan we get to the pier between 10:30 and 11:00 and have always been on the ship prior to noon.

I'll also hijack the thread, how about Jewel with an 8:30pm departure from San Juan? She arrives early in the morning, so I'm assuming we can show up around 11, but would like to hear from others.

Yes, 11am should be fine, but I would not arrive much earlier. For whatever reason, porters in San Juan don't take luggage much earlier, so you would have to stand in a luggage line if you arrived too early.