Ideas to celebrate 3 year old’s birthday on Oasis?

Hi all! My son will be turning 3 the day we board Oasis and I’m interested to hear from others about cool things to do to celebrate his birthday on embarkation day.

I have it noted on the reservation, though it’s a little complicated by the fact his older sister has Celiac disease so ordering a regular birthday cake to dinner or the room isn’t an option for us. I’m sure I can get the waiters to bring him ice cream and sing, but interested in any other experiences from people who’ve celebrated young kids’ birthdays on board.

I’ve looked at the room decorations on the cruise planner and they look rather generic and not geared to 3 year old boys. Assume it’ll be ok if we bring our own themed decorations based on his favorite cartoons?

Would love to hear any experiences or ideas I’m not thinking about. Thanks!

A 3 year old won't really remember or care what "cool things" you do. Have a cake at dinner (you can order it online, if you want to). Bring a balloon you can blow up...3 year olds are EASY to please. Honestly...you don't need to spend a bunch to impress a small child.

A 3 year old won't really remember or care what "cool things" you do. Have a cake at dinner (you can order it online, if you want to). Bring a balloon you can blow up...3 year olds are EASY to please. Honestly...you don't need to spend a bunch to impress a small child.

I was going to say the same thing. Going on a cruise a celebration a-plenty!

Oh yeah I definitely realize I don’t have to do much to impress him, but since I can’t order a birthday cake without excluding my daughter, I was just looking for any other ideas based on other people’s experiences that might not immediately jump to mind. Even with no birthday cake I know he will have a great day!

We decorate the room ourselves. The door, walls and ceiling are metal, so magnets help us hang things. We've used window clings on the balcony door. Have a great cruise!

Great info to have-will definitely keep magnet idea in mind. Thanks!

The kids club does things to celebrate. (Mind you my daughter's birthday wasn't the 1st day) but they may prepare something. Plus give him something to wear that says it's his birthday, then everyone will tell him happy birthday. A little more then a shirt, bc people don't always read shirts, maybe glasses or a hat. We also decorated the room ourselves and tons of people came over to help sing.