Just booked our first cruise in four years

blizzrd

we are beyond excited. This will be our first balcony room in four sailings. Anyways I’d like to know what, if anything, has changed in the last four years. I know the dining is different and I’ve heard things about charges for room service etc. Can anyone fill me in on any changes in the last four years?

Congrats! Where is your balcony located?

Carnival is not alone in the cutback department. Many other lines are dealing with their own cutbacks or unbundling of services.

My take is not to focus on what cutback's have been made but to focus on making the most of your cruise.

Yay! My last cruise was in 2014, so it'll be 4 years since I last cruised. Not a whole of changes but some. I have my first balcony booked as well; aft extended view on the Breeze!

Get ready to become addicted to that view!!! My wife will choose nothing else but an aft-extended if available.

there will be ticky tacky changes that bother people, but in general we haven't seen much for changes in the past 4 years that have negatively effected us.

Balconies are great, we always have one. You can't smoke on them anymore, thats a change from maybe two years or so ago? enjoy.

Not concerned about cutbacks so much. I always thought that was a little nit picky, I mean at the end if the day you’re on a cruise! I just was wondering what changes in general. From dining to room service etc. I was hoping to book fttf but it’s all sold out. I know they do boarding a little different now like showing up at a particular time vs waiting all day.

Oh and we will be on the 9th floor towards the front. April 15 sailing from Galveston on the Breeze. We have done the conquest and the magic twice. My parents have had balcony rooms and we have spent some time there but this will be awesome to have our own balcony and have a glass of wine out there or coffee in the morning or just to relax.

we are beyond excited. This will be our first balcony room in four sailings. Anyways I’d like to know what, if anything, has changed in the last four years. I know the dining is different and I’ve heard things about charges for room service etc. Can anyone fill me in on any changes in the last four years?

Lots of things have changed , food and entertainment has gone downhill.

There is a hub app now. You download it to your phone now and it is a count down clock and when you get on board you can use for many different things like the fun times can be viewed on it. You can communicate with others on the ship who have it. You can even get internet access $ with it.

Download the app before you board, or there is a charge.

no chocolate on pillow

menu in MDR has finally changed

no smoking on the balconies

less formal on formal nights

smoking sections are smaller (non smokers still complain)

more trivia

events that used to all be on the lido, have moved to other areas throughout the ships

my last cruise-no more swiping of credit card to get into the safe-you make up a code, and remember it.:)

i'm on a cruise, so I don't care.

You can no longer carry water onto the ship, you have to buy it online from the funshops. $4.50 a 12 pack

There is a charge now for room service between 10PM & 6AM.

Tablecloths are only in the MDR on Elegant night.

Lobster is only available 1 of the 2 elegant nights on a 7 day cruise.

Cheers package pays for itself if you drink 5-6 drinks a day.

The number of towels and washcloths in the stateroom has been reduced.

Room steward will ask if you want service once a day or twice a day.

You have to ask for bathrobes.