Visa requirements for India

Davinababe

Hi All, i’ve put this on the 7th April Constellation roll call too. There’s some talk on the roll call of now only needing an E-Visa for all 3 ports of Cochin, Goa and Mumbai. New rulings i believe. Does anyone know for sure with a UK passport if this is true as up till now we needed a full multi entry tourist visa to go to 3 ports including Mumbai? Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All, i’ve put this on the 7th April Constellation roll call too. There’s some talk on the roll call of now only needing an E-Visa for all 3 ports of Cochin, Goa and Mumbai. New rulings i believe. Does anyone know for sure with a UK passport if this is true as up till now we needed a full multi entry tourist visa to go to 3 ports including Mumbai? Many thanks

I received an email from Celebrity confirming this at the weekend.

All change regards visa ,celebrity emailed me regards upcoming cruise Singapore to Abu Dhabi in feb .

E visa is now sufficient you DO NOT NEED MULTI ENTRY visa,e visa

Available on line .

Unfortunately I have my multi entry visa now very expensive ,as I need passport for European travel couldn’t wait for last minute .

Good news though and about time .:cool:

Went on 12 -night Celebrity Constellation on 2nd January that included stops at Goa & Mumbai. Celebrity were insistent that we must have multi-entry Indian visas in our passports (£138 each) or boarding at Abu Dhabi would be denied. We later found that well over 200 guests either just had e-visas, or no visa at all. They were allowed to sail and visas processed for them at little cost. There were a lot of disgruntled guests about this poor/incorrect communication from Celebrity Cruises!!!

Went on 12 -night Celebrity Constellation on 2nd January that included stops at Goa & Mumbai. Celebrity were insistent that we must have multi-entry Indian visas in our passports (£138 each) or boarding at Abu Dhabi would be denied. We later found that well over 200 guests either just had e-visas, or no visa at all. They were allowed to sail and visas processed for them at little cost. There were a lot of disgruntled guests about this poor/incorrect communication from Celebrity Cruises!!!

Don't be too harsh on Celebrity. Indian bureaucracy is unpredictable at times. There was a change made in April last year that made e-visas acceptable for up to two entries in a number of seaports, but NOT for Mumbai. That has since changed without any obvious official announcement so that Mumbai too is included.

It also appears that the Indian authorities are either treating the entire itinerary as a single entry or ignoring the 2-entry maximum for cruises with more than 3 stops.

Certainly at the moment it appears that e-visas are being accepted or arranged on arrival. That could change at any time. It must be a nightmare for Celebrity to work out what to tell the passengers. I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of baksheesh was involved to sort this out.

Yep, also happened on our Dec 7th sailing.

Jen

Don't be too harsh on Celebrity. Indian bureaucracy is unpredictable at times.

Indian bureaucracy is unfortunates predictably bureaucratic at all times. :D

Travelled all over the world (including to communist countries in the 80s) and still think India was the worst.

I think one of the whole issues re visas for India has been the variability of requirements between different nationalities - something most western travellers are not used to. For a while, at least, the requirements for U.K. Travellers were much more burdensome than most other European travellers