Essentials Package

mp8shnt

Has anyone been successful in making a change to the Essentials Package by upgrading the Premium Beverage Package (included) to Ultimate by paying a per diem difference $6 between the package costs?

The Premium Beverage Package included is not bad; however, now the Ultimate Beverage Package includes wines, champagnes, and select waters.

Hi mp8shnt!

We were on the Quest 12/22 and did purchase this package. Unfortunately we were not able to just pay the difference for the beverage portion. If you enjoy wine, you can always purchase one of the wine packages, or bring wine and spirits aboard to enjoy in your stateroom or take to the dining areas with a corkage. The bartenders were very happy to put together cocktails you will enjoy with the included liquors on the list! Steve did order some extra cocktails that would have been included on the higher list so we just paid the difference. We had a great time and hope you do as well.clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Hi mp8shnt!

We were on the Quest 12/22 and did purchase this package. Unfortunately we were not able to just pay the difference for the beverage portion. If you enjoy wine, you can always purchase one of the wine packages, or bring wine and spirits aboard to enjoy in your stateroom or take to the dining areas with a corkage. The bartenders were very happy to put together cocktails you will enjoy with the included liquors on the list! Steve did order some extra cocktails that would have been included on the higher list so we just paid the difference. We had a great time and hope you do as well.clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Thank you

Is this part new for the Basic Beverage Package included? Was just on in May did not notice this:

"one sparkling wine by the glass each day throughout your voyage"

You can have as much sparkling wine as you want whenever you want. There are 2 white wines and 2 red wines per day, which change from day to day (although the waiters can often find you one you liked from another day). There is also a rose and a sparkling wine that remain the same every day. You can have any wine, or any other drink in the included list, at any time from any bar. The only thing you can’t do is order it on room service. If you do, you will be charged.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And Domaine Chandon is definitely not champagne. It's Argentinian sparkling wine. It's ok, but not much better than the standard stuff. The Ultimate package might be good for the extra spirits, but for me I'd rather pay by the glass when I feel like it and save some money. I think the extra wine on offer is quite limited.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

You can have as much sparkling wine as you want whenever you want. There are 2 white wines and 2 red wines per day, which change from day to day (although the waiters can often find you one you liked from another day). There is also a rose and a sparkling wine that remain the same every day. You can have any wine, or any other drink in the included list, at any time from any bar. The only thing you can’t do is order it on room service. If you do, you will be charged.

Thank you

And Domaine Chandon is definitely not champagne. It's Argentinian sparkling wine. It's ok, but not much better than the standard stuff. The Ultimate package might be good for the extra spirits, but for me I'd rather pay by the glass when I feel like it and save some money. I think the extra wine on offer is quite limited.

Phil

Thank you - I looked up the wine offerings on the Utimate Beverage Package - mostly $10 a bottle - maybe $15 tops - nothing over that.

I assume if when in a suite and you ask your Butler to get a couple of glasses of wine to have with the afternoon canapés you won’t be charged for those.

I assume if when in a suite and you ask your Butler to get a couple of glasses of wine to have with the afternoon canapés you won’t be charged for those.

You should not be, however some butlers are more obliging at bringing you drink than others. Very technically at present no additional drink is included in the suite (other than the welcome bottle of fizz and the four 375cl bottles of spirits) however most of the butlers will leave some wine chilled for you if you tell them which bottle you want, one I know will not. With him, we just brought glasses down from the pool bar when we came down late afternoon.