Martinique and St.Lucia excursions

Zinger1001

I will be sailing on a ten day Gem cruise to Martinique, st. Lucia, st. Kitts in the near future. Was wondering what people recommend for ship excursions or not ship excursions for these places. Not too many options on the website so I want to hear people's thoughts. Thanks.

We were on a Royal Caribbean cruise last winter to some of these ports. On St Kitts We spent the day at the Carambola Beach Club on St Friars Beach. It was $30 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. We had reserved it on their website. I think the taxi was $15 each way. It was a wonderful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We Honeymooned in St Lucia at Sandals in 2004 and we did a land and sea tour which we loved. The first half the tour was a trip down the west coast from the Castries area making a few stops in villages along the way ending in Soufriere with lunch at a restaurant and a trip through the Drive Through Volcano. The way back we cruised up the coast back to Castries on a catamaran. Great views of the Pitons as well as a stop to snorkel. IIRC after snorkeling they had rum punch and beer included. If you can find a tour like that I would recommend it.

We used Cosol St. Lucia Tours a few years back. It was a pretty good tour.

I second Cosol Tours! Very nice tour for a reasonable price. We used them last year. They use small vans so you are not overcrowded in a big bus.

In Martinique there is a ferry just adjacent to where the ships dock that will take you to the beach. You can also take the city bus or a taxi to see the gardens, Jardin Balata. Personally we are going to check out the fort that is right at the dock when we go on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have also used Cosol tours and had a great day! I was worried about spending so much time in a van but I was wrong. It was an action-packed day with wonderful people. We got a group together on our roll call so we all shared a van. The people in our van definitely helped to make the trip!

In St. Kitt’s, we just hired a taxi driver for the day. The person in charge had a map of the island. We discussed what places we would go see and agreed upon a price. He then assigned us a driver for the day. It was another memorable adventure and we loved being able to make our own itinerary.

In Martinique I highly recommend

Karambole Tours - Christelle is a wonderful guide the transportation is in new air conditioned vans - she has a tour tailored to cruise passengers port times.

I did her tour last year and I’m repeating so I can take my husband who was on a snorkeling trip then.

Plenty of great reviews on TA

cosol tours for sure, we did the tour is was all day it took us to plantation, a traditional caribbean breakfast, we went to the pitons, did the mud bath, rinsed under a waterfall, and had beach time, and stopped for warm bread and cheese, all food and all day drinks only &75 best excursion we did

If you are interested in doing a ship tour I would recommend the pitions cruise in St. Lucia. We also went to Carmabola (spelling?) beach in St. Kitts and really enjoyed that.

We walked around town a bit in Martinique. None of the excursions interested us, however the rum there greatly interested us and we brought a lot of that back home with us. We also found the locals to be friendly and helpful- despite the language barrier. One woman assisting with transfers gave us some advice on the best local rums and remembered us when we came back and excitingly told us we were going to get all our friends wasted when she saw what we bought.

In summary- St. Lucia go see the Pitons (also have heard good things about the volcano), go to the beaches in St. Kitts, and in Martinique walk around buy a french pastry buy a bunch of rum and be back on the ship for lunch.

We Honeymooned in St Lucia at Sandals in 2004 and we did a land and sea tour which we loved. The first half the tour was a trip down the west coast from the Castries area making a few stops in villages along the way ending in Soufriere with lunch at a restaurant and a trip through the Drive Through Volcano. The way back we cruised up the coast back to Castries on a catamaran. Great views of the Pitons as well as a stop to snorkel. IIRC after snorkeling they had rum punch and beer included. If you can find a tour like that I would recommend it.

We did almost the exact same tour in 2005 when we were on the Adventure of the Seas. We considered it to be the highlight of the cruise!