Haven Bid cabin issue

glennmartin

hello all

we have been told by our ncl rep today that because we won a bid to a haven spa suite we will not be able to use the spa or get a butler or any other haven extra that cannot be right can it ???

i dont really care about not having the butler but the whole point of biding on the spa suite was spa access

i dont see how the room is worth £1300 itself

Here you go Glen, a copy and paste from the bidding thread

"Sounds like the NCL rep does not have their facts straight. While you get to keep the perk package you got when you booked your original cabin, you are not entitled to any additional perks, ie internet, shore excursion credit, that come with the Haven. The butler & spa pass are not a part of the perk package and come with the room. That rep needs some additional training!"

Your problem is one of the many that are hazards when booking directly through NCL. The employees come and go and if the original person you booked with moves on and had made statements to you that turned out to be untrue, you are out of luck (meaning statements that promise you something that you will not be getting). With a travel agent you are dealing with the same person all of the time and have someones feet to hold to the fire if something goes wrong. The travel agent I use probably knows more about NCL that most of their booking people.

thank you i really hope that this is the case and when we board we get the spa sticker on the card

you will see a tall english person having a moan if they dont

Don't worry. You get the spa pass and the butler/concierge and you're going to have a great time! You keep the promotions and any OBC you had when you originally booked. You just don't automatically get the additional promotions that you would have gotten if you booked the Haven outright. You will have the full Haven experience and love it. Enjoy!

Don't worry. You get the spa pass and the butler/concierge and you're going to have a great time! You keep the promotions and any OBC you had when you originally booked. You just don't automatically get the additional promotions that you would have gotten if you booked the Haven outright. You will have the full Haven experience and love it. Enjoy!

We stayed in the haven 3 years ago and it was over £10,000 for 14 nights so we have had a good deal this time but just wanted to make sure it was all there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your problem is one of the many that are hazards when booking directly through NCL. The employees come and go and if the original person you booked with moves on and had made statements to you that turned out to be untrue, you are out of luck (meaning statements that promise you something that you will not be getting). With a travel agent you are dealing with the same person all of the time and have someones feet to hold to the fire if something goes wrong. The travel agent I use probably knows more about NCL that most of their booking people.

I think maybe in some cases this is true, but if you use the same PCC at NCL, you're just fine. I've booked my last three cruises, and my upcoming two cruises with him and I've not had a problem. He's given me deals as good or better than the prices I see from the online TAs. If prices go down before final payment, I just call him and he fixes it for me...he even knows my voice before I tell him my name! I've called him and changed cabins...he's a gem! I wish I could tell you his name on here because he would certainly help you in any way he could!

~Joanne

Edited by joteacher
typos!!!

We stayed in the haven 3 years ago and it was over £10,000 for 14 nights so we have had a good deal this time but just wanted to make sure it was all there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all good, we will enjoy the Haven too, we are in the next cabin. See you at the M&G

• 5 months later...
We are currently booked in a spa balcony. If we bid on a haven cabin and accepted will we still receive spa privileges?

Yes, you will receive spa privileges and all privileges associated with the Haven. You just won’t receive any Free at Sea offers above and beyond what you booked your original cabin under.

EDIT: if the bid you win is for a Haven spa suite.

Edited by FLcruisergrl

We are currently booked in a spa balcony. If we bid on a haven cabin and accepted will we still receive spa privileges?

You will receive spa privileges only if you bid and upgrade to a "Spa" Haven Suite. All other Haven suites do not include spa access.

No. Unless you bid and win one of the Haven Spa Suites. All other Haven rooms do NOT come with spa privs. You’ll have to pay for the spa separately.

I think maybe in some cases this is true, but if you use the same PCC at NCL, you're just fine. I've booked my last three cruises, and my upcoming two cruises with him and I've not had a problem. He's given me deals as good or better than the prices I see from the online TAs. If prices go down before final payment, I just call him and he fixes it for me...he even knows my voice before I tell him my name! I've called him and changed cabins...he's a gem! I wish I could tell you his name on here because he would certainly help you in any way he could!

~Joanne

Agreed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums