Faster to the fun boarding time

Ronanc

Things are changing at Long Beach with the remodel.

Come join the roll call , I’ll be posting there about the new procedures after our Feb cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello there,

I just managed to snag faster to the fun for our March 17th cruise out of Long beach. What time should we arrive at the terminal? We are staying at the Queen Mary so we don't have far to go. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

It partly depends on how long you want to sit in the terminal until boarding begins. With FTTF, you will have priority boarding, AFTER wedding parties, Platinum and Diamond cruisers. So, if you arrive at 10:00 a.m. (for example) but boarding doesn't begin until 11:00 a.m., you'll have an hour to sit and wait. If you've joined a roll call for your cruise, and there will be others with priority boarding arriving early, it would give you the opportunity to meet some of your group and say "hello".

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know what time boarding starts in long beach? I see a possible time of 11:00 and when I search the boards I see variations on that time at other ports. Thanks!

In a perfect world, the ship will have cleared Customs and all debarking passengers will be off of the ship by 10:00 a.m. However, in reality, it doesn't always work out that way. That's why you'll see variations on when boarding begins. My suggestion is, if you arrive early, and don't want to chat with others, bring a book or magazine to read.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know what time boarding starts in long beach? I see a possible time of 11:00 and when I search the boards I see variations on that time at other ports. Thanks!

You are confusing check-in time with boarding time.

Carnival has check-in times, not boarding times.

Boarding will begin AFTER the authorities give Carnival the OK that the ship is cleared for a new round of passengers. Since Carnival does not control that clearance, boarding times are just guesstimates based on past occurrences.

We have done cruises from Long Beach for many years. I have never seen actual boarding at 11AM! We are usually at the terminal by 10:30 when we have priority check in(that's check in not boarding)

They are completely changing the procedure now since we used to be outside the "dome" and now will be inside. We are all waiting to see how these procedures will change and so I think we all have to just wait and see.

We should know in the next couple of weeks.