Princess EZair question

cheriberi

If I book my airfare through EZair it indicates that the fare is basic economy. According to the airline’s website, basic economy does not permit you to bring a carryon aboard the plane. Is anyone familiar with this policy, and if that is the case can I upgrade my seat to regular economy? This will be our first Princess cruise and I have never booked my airfare through the cruise line before. Thanks for any help.

I would avoid Basic Economy. Not only no carry-on (other than what can fit under the seat), there are no advance seat assignments so if there's two of you, you're likely to be in separate middle seats. In many cases, if you end up checking an extra bag as a result, you end up paying the same or even more than regular economy. IMHO, Basic Economy is a poor choice for someone going on a cruise.

Where are you seeing it saying Basic Economy? I just ran an EZAir flight search for a couple of upcoming cruises and could not find any flights indicating Basic Economy.

I always use ez air. Have never been restricted from bringing on 1 carry on & 1 personal item, no matter which airline. In fact I travel with carry on & a personal item only these days. About to take my 8th princess cruise with ez air. So far they have always been quite a bit cheaper than booking directly with the airline or through a booking site.

If EZ-Air is showing a flight with an airline that has a basic economy fare then just pick a different airline. Usually, you would get a couple of options under the flexible airfare. You don’t say where you are flying from/to. Maybe there are limited options if it is a small city/airport.

When you go to book your flight on EZ Air there is a drop down box at the top where you can choose Economy, Premium Economy, Business Class or First Class. We have flights that I booked originally in Economy and one day I checked Premium Economy just to see the price difference and found our flights in that class were only $200 more pp. I jumped on it because it may not seem like much to go that way but on an International flight the perks are worth it, IMO.

I always use ez air. Have never been restricted from bringing on 1 carry on & 1 personal item, no matter which airline. In fact I travel with carry on & a personal item only these days. About to take my 8th princess cruise with ez air. So far they have always been quite a bit cheaper than booking directly with the airline or through a booking site.

Just in case you haven't booked directly with an airline recently, in the last year or so several major domestic airlines are offering basic economy which only allows you to bring a personal item on board. Try to book a flight on United you will see, what OP is talking about.

Just in case you haven't booked directly with an airline recently, in the last year or so several major domestic airlines are offering basic economy which only allows you to bring a personal item on board. Try to book a flight on United you will see, what OP is talking about.

Read about United's basic economy at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/inflight/basic-economy-faq.aspx

For Delta https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/onboard-experience/basic-economy.html

For American https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/experience/seats/basic-economy.jsp