Love Princess but Trying Royal - Good Idea?

sjmbruce

I used to sail RCL quite a bit but on my last cruise with them, there were over 1000 children onboard marauding though the ship in large packs, pushing elevator buttons and invading the quiet space in the library. That was it for me. Never looked back.

I prefer Princess and Celebrity, but the most number of sailings have been with Princess. Even though there may be large numbers of children, you usually don't see them. In general, it's a much more peaceful atmosphere.

I cruised Independece and Oasis and what I believe Royal does well is family oriented integrated activities. The shows and entertainment was truly outstanding. The cabins were well laid out and furnished nicely. There were so many areas to gather and wander around. My biggest complaint was the food - however- I am possibly the worst of the worst in terms of picky eaters. My husband thought the food was great.

In terms of a family trip, aside from Disney Cruise Line, Royal is a good value for the money.

And the staff really does work very hard for their wages, and at the end of it all, that’s what I appreciate the most.

We are Elite status on Princess but have done pretty much all other lines including RCCL Adventure of the seas. I have to say if this is your first time on a mega ship you should like the Adventure. It might be older than the newer mega big RCCL ships but to me they are my favorites.

The entertainment is plentiful as for the food the might fall a bit short to

Princess but nothing to worry about.

I think besides the Royal and the Regal, Princess needs to modernize the older ships of the fleet if they don’t want to start loosing costumers. I don’t mean to sell them put to update them with new colours and bars as they are a bit boring on they eye.

Have fun

Sea ya

Eric

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

I didn't read all of the responses, so if this has already been mentioned.............. one of the biggest differences is that the buffet closes early on Royal ships and IMO, none of the places that are open late come close to the International Cafe.

Still, I cruise on Royal frequently and always have a great time - depending on the ship, the entertainment options are far superior to those on Princess.

Depends what you are looking for RCL and Princess are very different products when it comes to the cruising experience. Hubby and I got married on Princess...love their Alaskan cruises and have done many Caribbean sailings. Princess is a lot more elegance and relaxed where RCL is more family fun focused with their huge Oasis class ships which we love too with a big group. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer Princess, but I also like the idea of trying other lines. I have done 2 Royal cruises. One before trying princess and one after. I like Royal, so if the itinerary is right and the price I would go again. I did the Royal because of it sailing from San Juan and getting in some other Caribbean islands. I feel the food and service are better on Princess.

One thing I really disliked about Royal was their version of anytime dining. The first night they asked what time did we want to eat tomorrow night. I wanted anytime to not have to figure it out. I told him I would tell him when we left for that night. I didn't and was scolded the next night. That was the general conversation the entire cruise. They wanted to pin you down to a time the night before. Anytime is great for port intensive sailings, but with the Royal version, it really didn't work on the Serenade of the Seas.

Let's see first cruise 1983 honeymoon........ on RCI first cruise 1992..Princess first cruise 1998...

Most Family cruises have always been done on Royal...........Most Couple cruises have always been done on Princess

RCI is more about the ship Princess more about the about the itinerary