Booked a guaranty, got E729 on Ruby. Thoughts?

Sundiego

Ok so we are experienced cruisers and don't typically book guarantys. But we are traveling with friends on the Ruby (10 day Sea of Cortez out of Los Angeles) and booked in a travel agent "group" at a great price. All the travel agent's group cabins were taken so we had to do a guaranty.

Got our assignment today, E729. I know it's pretty far aft which is fine. We are great walkers and have no problem not being near elevators, etc. I am concerned about noise from Club Fusion and also our balcony over-looking the promenade. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Any thoughts on E729 are appreciated :)

~Denise

I'd be very happy with it. There will probably be no noise from the club below, in fact we had a similar cabin on the Grand last week and heard no noise at all, except thruster noise when we were maneuvering into port. Never once heard a voice, and we were blissfully unaware of the Promenade one deck below.

I assume you had a mini-suite guarantee. These Emerald deck minis are the lowest category, presumably because they're so far aft, but I'll take one any time. They are covered, while the Dolphin minis are exposed.

P.S.: your balcony is overhanging, but not overlooking the Promenade. You can't see a thing but water below you.

Jim

One of the better mini-suites on the ship! I would be very happy to be assigned to that room! Enjoy! There is a stairwell in the aft section of the ship so not really that far from everything.

PS ... we stayed in E727 and no noise from below. The other side might be another story but you did good.

I assume you had a mini-suite guarantee. These Emerald deck minis are the lowest category, presumably because they're so far aft, but I'll take one any time. They are covered, while the Dolphin minis are exposed.

P.S.: your balcony is overhanging, but not overlooking the Promenade. You can't see a thing but water below you.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. Yes, this was a mini-suite guaranty but at an excellent price, so I have no complaints. Thanks for the feedback to all who responded!! I feel better now.

~Denise

Great minis but they did Zumba every morning in Club Fusion on our cruise. We are night owls so like to sleep in. Not a chance. So if you are a morning person and are up early....no problem.

Just curious. Which side of the ship were you on?

• 1 month later...
Do you know if these Mini Suites have a pull-down bed? We are staying in E731, 721, and 723.

We were in E731 on the Ruby back in 2012. Then I think it was a pull down from the ceiling. Also, before they made the room connecting with E729.

I would be thrilled to have that cabin assigned to me. Wonderful location, and the balcony being fully covered is a huge bonus.

JMO, but I don't think there is much likelihood of drifting cigarette smoke affecting your use of the balcony, in case the odor bothers you. Most smokers seem to congregate in the other approved smoking area out on one of the upper decks because there are places to sit there, as opposed to having to stand outside on the Promenade.

E729 is on same side as the smoking area on the Promenade deck but a little further toward the Stern so hopefully you won't get too much smoke smell on your balcony.

Good luck.

Depends on how many smokers on the ship. In Nov. my family group occupied all the Emerald minis starboard, My BIL can smell smoke a mile away he was in E727...never was a concern for him. Never brought it up to him though just keep my fingers closed. We have had E731 several times love that extended balcony.

E729 is on same side as the smoking area on the Promenade deck but a little further toward the Stern so hopefully you won't get too much smoke smell on your balcony.

Good luck.

We were just in E729 a couple of weeks ago for 9 days and definitely smelled smoke a few times. Not super potent but enough to not allow me to stay out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app