Is it ever possible to request the same table in the GDR?

baggal

After reading another post comparing HAL and Oceania suites, I began to mentally do the same about the two cruise lines in general. I've only been on one Oceania cruise so far but have done several HAL cruises. We would consider another Oceania cruise but I realize that one of the things I missed on my Oceania cruise was having the same waiters in the GDR.

Is this ever possible?

After reading another post comparing HAL and Oceania suites, I began to mentally do the same about the two cruise lines in general. I've only been on one Oceania cruise so far but have done several HAL cruises. We would consider another Oceania cruise but I realize that one of the things I missed on my Oceania cruise was having the same waiters in the GDR.

Is this ever possible?

Yes.

Maybe not the same table but at least the same waiter. As seating is on first come/first served basis, you would have to be in the MDR very early each night to assure that the table of your choice is still open.

Of course, top suites can “reserve” their tables - at least in theory, not in writing :)