Progressive boarding question

MsSoCalCruiser

We will board  Royal Princess in San Pedro  Ca  for a B2B  cruise  ,total 14 days . We first will drive to  the hilton property for a over night stay & free parking  . The day of the first cruise the hotel has a free shuttle to take us to the cruise terminal . We have no control of the shuttle leaving time from the hotel  .We would think perhaps 10 or 10:30 AM it would leave  & it is just 2 miles to the terminal  .We have been to this terminal in the past & we sit there  waiting for the ship to clear from the prior cruise

• 2 weeks later...

I am bringing my old thread back to life.

Our first cruise on the Royal Princess!  I just received my progressive boarding email for my Royal Princess cruise out of the port of LA.  According to my letter I should be there at 2:30 PM. 

If you’ve sailed out of the port of LA lately do you know what time early boarding has actually started for Elite passengers sailing on the Royal Princess? We would like to have lunch onboard. After we figure this out we just have to decide will it be the MDR or Alfredos? Any suggestions? Thank you!

On 1/28/2018 at 7:15 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I would not be happy if I had to give someone my passport. Why do you have to do this?

We had to turn ours in when boarding for a British Isles cruise in Southampton. I believe it had to do with visiting Ireland. We had some on the roll call freaking out about it, but in the end we all handed them over. There was absolutely no problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

We had to turn ours in when boarding for a British Isles cruise in Southampton. I believe it had to do with visiting Ireland. We had some on the roll call freaking out about it, but in the end we all handed them over. There was absolutely no problem.

One has no choice if it applies to their itinerary/port stop.

• Like 1

I am happy to hear we can get onboard earlier than 2pm!  This is my first Princess cruise and we fly in the day before.  Check out is 11am at the hotel, so I have a shuttle to pick us up at that time to take us to the pier.  No place else to go but the pier.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arby70 said:

I am happy to hear we can get onboard earlier than 2pm!  This is my first Princess cruise and we fly in the day before.  Check out is 11am at the hotel, so I have a shuttle to pick us up at that time to take us to the pier.  No place else to go but the pier.

Enjoy your cruise!