Time?

cnjoy26

Just booked a cruise for 2019 and saw the ship doesn’t depart from Puerto Rico (going to southern Caribbean) until 8:00 pm. Anyone been on a cruise that leaves this late? What time are you allowed to board? And-where will it say what time we can board at? If that day is 1 of 7 I’d prefer to not have it start so late...🧐

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The late departure from San Juan has been that way for as long as I remember. We first cruised from there in 2000. There are thousands of people flying from the mainland which takes much longer so that is the reason for the late departure. And also the islands are much closer together so don't take long to get from one to the other. Most ships stop at St. Thomas the first full day, but not all.

The late departure from San Juan has been that way for as long as I remember. We first cruised from there in 2000. There are thousands of people flying from the mainland which takes much longer so that is the reason for the late departure. And also the islands are much closer together so don't take long to get from one to the other. Most ships stop at St. Thomas the first full day, but not all.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this.... can I ask you if the ship leaves at 8 or 830, what time are you allowed to board until? When is the muster etc?

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this.... can I ask you if the ship leaves at 8 or 830, what time are you allowed to board until? When is the muster etc?

Adventure has had two muster drills, one at 5:30pm for those onboard at that time, and another at 8pm for those who boarded later. You must check-in at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure, but once checked-in, you have until 30 minutes before departure to board.

We've sailed out of San Juan several times. We're always at the pier by 11:00 and have been on the ship before noon every time but once. Our cruise next month is scheduled to depart at 8:30.

Thank you-this is all I wanted to know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Adventure has had two muster drills, one at 5:30pm for those onboard at that time, and another at 8pm for those who boarded later. You must check-in at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure, but once checked-in, you have until 30 minutes before departure to board.

Is this also the case for San Juan Jewel departures? I'm curious if my group will have to do a drill in the middle of an 8pm MDR dinner.

For the muster, makes sense. I wonder why Jewel doesn't do the two musters like Adventure.

I have sailed Serenade, Jewel and Brilliance, along with Adventure, all out of San Juan. I can't remember which one but one of the Radiance class had two muster drills. Our most recent was Jewel in '15 and they only did one.

I have sailed Serenade, Jewel and Brilliance, along with Adventure, all out of San Juan. I can't remember which one but one of the Radiance class had two muster drills. Our most recent was Jewel in '15 and they only did one.

Just seems very strange they would interrupt dinner for some many.