Live From Muse - Day Eight...No Penquins!

ladymadeline

I told my husband I had only ONE thing I needed to see on this cruise. Magellanic Penquins. Alas, due to high winds today, the excursion to Magdalena Island was canceled. :eek: We were offered a city bus tour in it's place, but declined and walked around Puerto Aranas instead. We had lunch at a fantastic spot - Sotito's, which is close to the cruise port. We also went to a local museum, the Braun-Menendez house.

Last night dinner was in La Terrazza and was good. We depart tomorrow at 13:00 for the Falkland Islands. Hoping for on more shot at seeing penquins.

I told my husband I had only ONE thing I needed to see on this cruise. Magellanic Penquins.

We depart tomorrow at 13:00 for the Falkland Islands. Hoping for on more shot at seeing penquins.

Wait until you see all of the different penguins on the Falklands. We love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told my husband I had only ONE thing I needed to see on this cruise. Magellanic Penquins. Alas, due to high winds today, the excursion to Magdalena Island was canceled. :eek: We were offered a city bus tour in it's place, but declined and walked around Puerto Aranas instead. We had lunch at a fantastic spot - Sotito's, which is close to the cruise port. We also went to a local museum, the Braun-Menendez house.

Last night dinner was in La Terrazza and was good. We depart tomorrow at 13:00 for the Falkland Islands. Hoping for on more shot at seeing penquins.

Day Nine:

Went ashore and got a driver to take 9 of us to the museum with the replica of Magellan’s ship. Charged us $10 each. Also saw a replica of the Beagle. Talked with folks on a large P&O ship, who are almost half way through a 65 day voyage (Southampton to Southampton).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were able to visit the penguins near Punta Arenas, but it was a land trip, so more flexibility as far as time. I think the wind blows there pretty much constantly. When we landed, it was blowing so hard that they couldn’t get the cargo doors on the plane up. They eventually had to move it into a hanger, so we waited for our luggage for about 2 hours.

Today's Observations:

One person always decides to walk the OPPOSITE direction of everyone else on the jogging/walking track. Just went around the track with about 8 other hardy souls and one lady was walking the opposite direction. So, every time she approached the two of us, we would pause slightly, move away from each other and let her breeze through us. Kind of baffled me. You'd think after twenty minutes or so, she'd reverse course and go with the flow?

Dinner in Indochine was outstanding and we agreed they are the most consistent as far as quality of food. We like the pizza up on deck 11, but even with outdoor heaters you need to wear a coat. We were entertained by an intrepid woman swimming all by herself in the pool, which splashed over the walls of the pool. Her husband tried to join her, squealed like crazy when he hit the water and immediately retreated to the hot tub. I admired her fortitude.

Looking forward to the lecture on the Falkland war at 3:30 today. The captain announced that two cruise lines have skipped Stanley, due to high winds and is cautiously optimistic we can anchor tomorrow. I hope he's right. I'm on the great quest for penguins!

If Elaine is the Maitre d' in Indochine, she is a delight and can arrange a special meal if you ask her to do so. It is best if you can invite a group of people to join you so that there will be many different dishes from which to choose. The staff really enjoys doing these special meals.

Great! Hope you have a wonderful time at Volunteer Point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely day at the Bluff Cove Lagoon with many penguins. The tea room was great and our tour guide, Jeremy, was outstanding. Consensus from our group (there are 18 of us traveling together) was the Falkland Islands was our favorite stop so far.

Back on board we continue to encounter people who are very ill with a gastrointestinal disorder of some sort. One husband said his wife slept on the floor of their bathroom. Yikes! Crew continue to spray a pungent disinfectant throughout the hallways.

Captain announced a whale sighting off the starboard side this morning and I saw a glimpse of a tail!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk