NA Sel de Mer (pop-up) or Pinnacle Grill dinner?

EeyoreFan1967

Sel de Mer or Pinnacle Grill  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Sel de Mer or Pinnacle Grill

• Sel de Mer
    • Pinnacle Grill

We know that Tamarind one night for dinner is a MUST for us, but we are thinking about adding one more specialty dinner. We are sailing on the NA (Alaska) and Rudi's Sel de Mer is available 1 night ($49 pp) and PG ($35 pp) is also an option the 6 other nights. I don't think we are going to do 3 specialty dinners on our one week cruise...Which would you choose if you could only pick one? I wish there were a dining package that included Tamarind, Rudi's and PG, as we want to try all of these but have no interest in Canaletto.

Please vote and comment your preference! Thanks!

I’d choose the Pinnacle Grill if I were choosing only one. Reviews for Sel De Mer is are mixed while the PG is almost always very good. On our upcoming 11 day cruise, we are going to all the restaurants twice and Sel De Mer once. So if it were me, I’d pick both..[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We know that Tamarind one night for dinner is a MUST for us, but we are thinking about adding one more specialty dinner. We are sailing on the NA (Alaska) and Rudi's Sel de Mer is available 1 night ($49 pp) and PG ($35 pp) is also an option the 6 other nights. I don't think we are going to do 3 specialty dinners on our one week cruise...Which would you choose if you could only pick one? I wish there were a dining package that included Tamarind, Rudi's and PG, as we want to try all of these but have no interest in Canaletto.

Please vote and comment your preference! Thanks!

Are you sure about the price of Sel de Mer? We just did Sel de Mar on the K-dam and the price was by the item. I know my lobster was $32.00 and we did the big seafood appetizer for two and it was $49.00. Seafood platter I believe was $24.00 etc.I can't remember what the desserts were. For the 4 of us the bill was $189.00 before our 4* discount.

It is hard for me to vote as both restaurants were wonderful on the K - dam though the service was very, very slow. (Not the server's fault. There weren't enough servers to wait on the amount of tables ordering. Our dinner took 3.5 hrs. Good think we weren't in any hurry)

Are you sure about the price of Sel de Mer? We just did Sel de Mar on the K-dam and the price was by the item. I know my lobster was $32.00 and we did the big seafood appetizer for two and it was $49.00. Seafood platter I believe was $24.00 etc.I can't remember what the desserts were. For the 4 of us the bill was $189.00 before our 4* discount.

It is hard for me to vote as both restaurants were wonderful on the K - dam though the service was very, very slow. (Not the server's fault. There weren't enough servers to wait on the amount of tables ordering. Our dinner took 3.5 hrs. Good think we weren't in any hurry)

Pop up sel de mer is $49 pp. Kongindam is by the item. It's two different things really.

Do the Pinnacle Grill.

In October on NA, we did PG and the pop-up SdM. Last January we did the real Sel de Mer on Koningsdam. Wait til you sail on Koningsdam and do the real Sel de Mer rather than the pop-up. The original is MUCH, MUCH better.

Do the Pinnacle Grill.

In October on NA, we did PG and the pop-up SdM. Last January we did the real Sel de Mer on Koningsdam. Wait til you sail on Koningsdam and do the real Sel de Mer rather than the pop-up. The original is MUCH, MUCH better.

I feel the other way. I thought the pop up was much better than the sel de mer on the K.

[emoji2]

Just out of curiosity, which did you do first...SdM on Koningsdam or pop-up?

I did the k last year and I did not enjoy it. I didn't feel the food was any better than the MDR. I went with a friend and he felt the same way. Usually I enjoy specialty restaurants but I didn't enjoy that for the money. I did the pop up a couple months ago. For me the food was a of higher quality than the restaraunt on the k.

I did the k last year and I did not enjoy it. I didn't feel the food was any better than the MDR. I went with a friend and he felt the same way. Usually I enjoy specialty restaurants but I didn't enjoy that for the money. I did the pop up a couple months ago. For me the food was a of higher quality than the restaraunt on the k.

Interesting.

We loved the K. What was most disappointing to us was that there were things on the K menu that were not offered at the pop-up. I was looking forward to a few things and they weren’t offered.

My husband and I did the Sel de Mer on the Konigsdam last year and it was okay. My sister and I did the pop up on the Eurodam in November and we were very disappointed.

On the other hand, my husband and I did not care for the early days of Canaletto. We tried it last year and again this month and were very, very pleased with the quality of the food and service and will always give it an evening on future cruises.

We were just on the NA and while I cannot comment on Rudi’s, I can tell you that PG, Tamarind and Canaletto were all excellent. The food and service were so far superior to the main dining room that we dined 6 of the 10 nights in the speciality venues. If you are able to consider giving all 3 a try, don’t think you will be disappointed.