Port Canaveral Disembarkation Advice Needed

KDNest

We are taking the 3nt Disney Wonder next week Thursday, arriving back on Sunday. My parents will be driving over from Orlando to pick my family up from the cruise. Can any experienced cruisers give me an educated guess as to when I should tell my dad to arrive Sunday morning? We don’t plan on rushing off the ship. Thanks in advance!

We are taking the 3nt Disney Wonder next week Thursday, arriving back on Sunday. My parents will be driving over from Orlando to pick my family up from the cruise. Can any experienced cruisers give me an educated guess as to when I should tell my dad to arrive Sunday morning? We don’t plan on rushing off the ship. Thanks in advance!

The latest you can remain on the ship (before they start urging people toward the door) is 9:00.

Basically, anytime after the ship is cleared for debarkation until then is good.

As to what time "cleared for debarkation" happens, it varies, depending on when the ship actually arrived at the dock. But, I hazard the guess of around 7:30ish.

Be aware anytime in that window, it's going to be pretty busy at the pick up point.

It is really up to you...but what I suggested when a friend was picking me up was that she park in the McDonald's lot (just down the road from the terminal) and I would call her when I was thru Customs. We did set an "approximately 8:30 time, but other cars will be in line to pick up their people. You can't just sit there and wait. It is less than 5 minutes from McD's to the terminal and she had a place to get coffee.

Your alternative is to basically drive in circles around the terminal area--get in the line of cars and if you aren't there, drive around and get back in the line.

It is really up to you...but what I suggested when a friend was picking me up was that she park in the McDonald's lot (just down the road from the terminal) and I would call her when I was thru Customs. We did set an "approximately 8:30 time' date=' but other cars will be in line to pick up their people. You can't just sit there and wait. It is less than 5 minutes from McD's to the terminal and she had a place to get coffee.

Your alternative is to basically drive in circles around the terminal area--get in the line of cars and if you aren't there, drive around and get back in the line.[/quote']

this is exactly what I do when picking up folks from PC ....

if ya want something fancier than McD, Grills does breakfast as does Zackary's