Since NCL Pearl Includes Glacier Bay, I Have Itinerary Questions

ajtraveler66

Since our cruise passes through Glacier Bay, I have questions about the rest of our itinerary, particularly Juneau.

In Skagway....no question. We are doing the train.

In Juneau ... We love nature. So we are torn between Tracy Arms Fjord and a Whale Watching Tour. [i guess our big deciding factor is this: Is passing through Glacier Bay on the cruise ship similar to Tracy Arms Fjord, or is the T.A.F. a totally unique experience much different than G.B.]

In Ketchikan ... We may just walk around town and stay on the ship unless you all have some good nature suggestions.

I welcome everyone's input, but you need to know that we will not be doing small plane or helicopter excursions.

For Juneau both nice options. For me I like the whale watching and doing it in a small vessel.

For Ketchikan if this is your first time don't stay on the ship. Yes, easy town to walk around. You can see lots of Totem Poles, see some beautiful nature either on your own or via a tour. Fun place for Salmon Fishing. A good place to go to those small stores that sell Alaska made products.

Keith

Like snorkeling? Ketchikan is considered one of the best snorkeling spots in AK, it isn't very expensive, and they offer a full wetsuit for the swim.

Still cold, but definitely something unique.

I just booked this for a cruise in May...it is a little pricey for snorkeling but not for excursions in Alaska.... 130USD pp

We have done the Pearl twice but never Tracy Arm. However, i have seen videos and it is quite different than Glacier Bay but not necessarily in the way you mean. Tracy Arm is sailing in a fjord, picturesque but not like Glacier Bay. Go to Youtube and search for both and you will get the general idea,

Also, from Juneau, I don't are many options that do Tracy Arm as you are arrive in port in the afternoon. Also, since everyone has been cooped up, getting off in Juneau is kind of slow. I would do the whale watch (we did one and plan to do again this year but from the Jewel). Do research and decide for yourself of course.