MSC Seaside -- any free filtered water available on the ship?

Oaktowngirl

Is there any fillable water bottle stations available on the ship?

Or water fountains?

Or would I need to purchase bottled water on the ship?

I believe that the OP's core question is there any place that a person is allowed to refill water bottles? I do not know about MSC, but this practice is frowned on (maybe prohibited) on some/most cruise lines, as I understand, due to health issues (contamination issues from the bottle to the fountain).

I believe that the OP's core question is there any place that a person is allowed to refill water bottles? I do not know about MSC, but this practice is frowned on (maybe prohibited) on some/most cruise lines, as I understand, due to health issues (contamination issues from the bottle to the fountain).

Actually MSC asks to use a cup to refill your water bottle. But this unfortunately is totally ignored by most of the guests and nobody stops people from doing so. A problem not just on MSC ships, I don´t know about the US or the caribbean but Europeans and Asians even more have this attitude.

Actually MSC asks to use a cup to refill your water bottle. But this unfortunately is totally ignored by most of the guests and nobody stops people from doing so. A problem not just on MSC ships, I don´t know about the US or the caribbean but Europeans and Asians even more have this attitude.

Yes- the buffets have filtered water, but despite the signs to not directly refill your water bottle at the spigot , this went virtually ignored. You would think that it would be common sense to use clean cups to pour water into your bottle-NOT SO :(

All the tap water onboard is highly filtered and probably far better than your tap water at home, not to mention most of the bottle water you purchase. The water onboard is highly managed and regulated, and of course must meet USPH regulations. I believe it far surpasses them based on my conversations with several environmental officers on various ships throughout the years.