Two Questions about Pricing with ES?

Herbaltees

On one cruise I am booked in a 6K ocean view. There aren't any more available, but the 8A's are lower than my 6K? Am I able to get the price dropped to the 8A price while remaining in my 6K?

On another cruise, the Spa interiors for three people are not available. But there is a 4 person available. Could I add a 4th person to get the Spa cabin, then cancel them before final payment? Would I only be out the $50 fee for booking the 4th person?

Some would consider the 8A (regular balcony) to be less desirable than your 6K (Scenic Grand Ocean View), so I suspect you are out of luck. Look at other possible cruises - are the 8As usually cheaper than the 6Ks?

As to your second question, I think you would be forced to pay the extra cost of that fourth person, much like if you booked a 2 person room and canceled one. The room is clearly intended for four people if Carnival isn't offering for just three, and Carnival wants that revenue.

I just tried to do a bunch of ghost bookings to find a price for a Grand Scenic Ocean View (I tried Sunshine), and did not stumble across any available. But even a regular "Scenic Ocean View" was coming out priced just a little bit below their cheapest balcony. So indeed, Carnival considers 6K to be better, and therefore pricier, than 8A. I truly think you are out of luck.

On another cruise, the Spa interiors for three people are not available. But there is a 4 person available. Could I add a 4th person to get the Spa cabin, then cancel them before final payment? Would I only be out the $50 fee for booking the 4th person?

ask to be moved to that cabin if you are three. Its easier then to add the person then cancel. (if booked at ES you lose 50 and 200 to be used toward another cruises

ask to be moved to that cabin if you are three. Its easier then to add the person then cancel. (if booked at ES you lose 50 and 200 to be used toward another cruises

[emoji33][emoji33] so they will make $200 of that persons fare move to a FCC? Even if the current deposit is only $50?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji33][emoji33] so they will make $200 of that persons fare move to a FCC? Even if the current deposit is only $50?

This has long been a pet peeve of mine. Carnival has no problem keeping your money. Even when they re-book your cabin. I would like to see the stats on how much money Carnival makes on people who never set foot on a cruise.

You don't need to add a "ghost" fourth person to get that interior spa room. Just call Carnival (I suggest your PVP) and grab it. They will give you the song and dance about if a party of 4 wants the room, they will move you. They will not downgrade you, though.

Don't forget that in the spa room, only the first two occupants get the spa passes.