Simple Explanation to dinning

Hi all,

I did a search on dinning options in RCCL and I think I came out more confused than when I started searching. I’m finding anytime dinning, traditional dinning, dynamic dinning (which appears to be discontinued).

I typically sail on NCL and the wife and I are considering an RCCL due to the itinerary. However, it’s our anniversary and we are looking to dine by ourselves and also have options. Can we do that? We aren’t keen on dinning everyday at 6:00 with strangers. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just not for us, we have busy work lives with lots of kids and just want to spend time enjoying each other.

Can someone help explain the options? I’m sure it’s simple, but time on the RCCL and CC hasn’t given me a good understanding of the options (other than there are a lot of places to eat!)

If it helps we are considering cruises on Radiance and the Seas and Ovation of the Seas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Main dining room: Early seating, late seating and My Time Dining (where you make 'reservations' for specific times each day.

Specialty restaurants (upcharge) - reservations are on-line or at the restaurant after you board.

And there's always Windjammer and other included food options (depending on the ship).

The easiest way to make sure you are dining alone is to use My Time Dining.

And you can make reservations so that it's basically mimicking traditional dining so that you get the same table and same staff if you want. Or you can just show up and dine with just the two of you.

This is how we do it, as we also would rather dine among ourselves and not others.

If you decide to dine in the MDR (Main Dining Room) and do MTD (My Time Dining)...you can pick your time by reserving in advance. When you show up for the first night, simply ask for a "two top"...AKA table for two. Works for us each time.

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise! :D

If you opt for or are assigned traditional dining first or second seating, send an email to rcldining@rccl.com about 10 to 14 days before your cruise and request a two-top table.

While they have always honored my table size request in the past, once onboard you can check out your table assignment and, if not to your liking, request a change from the Maitre' D.

~ Judy

If you opt for or are assigned traditional dining first or second seating, send an email to rcldining@rccl.com about 10 to 14 days before your cruise and request a two-top table.

While they have always honored my table size request in the past, once onboard you can check out your table assignment and, if not to your liking, request a change from the Maitre'

Just be aware your request may not be able to be accommodated.

We always book second seating and request a large table. We've never had a problem with late seating being honored, but not always a large table. We requested a change on our last cruise, and the Maitre d', while being very nice and willing to look into it for us, informed us before the second night that he could not, in fact, move us.

We made do, of course, and had a lovely time, as always.

The easiest way to do what you want and exactly what my wife and I did when we cruised was whenever you are ready to go to the dining room just show up at the podium, tell the hostess what you want and as soon as they can fit you in off you go to your table. We usually ate between 6:30 and 7:30 and never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a table. For us all this reservation stuff takes away the "My Time Dining" and creates another set appointment of which we didn't want.