Multiple Entrees in Murano?

RealDeal

Thanks. Wasn't sure if I read a while back that they changed that policy.

If important to you, I'd suggest that you ask at Murano before you dine there... I'm not certain that ordering multiple entrees [best I know, no problems with other courses] is permitted any longer...

One of those things that could go either way. The food is rather rich and portion sizes fairly large, so if also planning on appetizer and dessert that would be a lot of food (though doable if one has a very large appetite). Sometimes Muranos does permit people to order a second entree and sometimes not; just depends on the staff on board at the time - so not something you will know for sure in advance.

One of those things that could go either way. The food is rather rich and portion sizes fairly large, so if also planning on appetizer and dessert that would be a lot of food (though doable if one has a very large appetite). Sometimes Muranos does permit people to order a second entree and sometimes not; just depends on the staff on board at the time - so not something you will know for sure in advance.

Thanks. Not a huge deal...was just curious.

I consider myself a big eater and have never needed to order an additional entree at any of the specialties including Murano. More typically, I waddle away hating myself for overindulging....yet again :-) The portion sizes at the specialties are much more generous than what you find in the MDR. Some evenings in the MDR I can easily find myself devouring two entrees. With that said, if you can handle two, you've earned my respect and eat away!

I consider myself a big eater and have never needed to order an additional entree at any of the specialties including Murano. More typically, I waddle away hating myself for overindulging....yet again :-) The portion sizes at the specialties are much more generous than what you find in the MDR. Some evenings in the MDR I can easily find myself devouring two entrees. With that said, if you can handle two, you've earned my respect and eat away!

LOL....you can bow down now.

We frequently dine in Murano’s and (as yet) have never ordered a second entree (we do struggle to manage a cheese course as well as desert)...

We have, however, always found the staff very willing to accommodate us. My answer would be simply ask....On boarding the M’Ds of each dining area are either at stands or at the entrance to their restaurants accepting bookings.

Simply approach and discuss with them. At their quieter times they do offer discounts...could be they would negotiate with you either an agreed price for an extra entree or a reduced discount but extra entree agreed...

We have before now had them prepare special meals for us but that has been on longer cruises and our third/fourth visit....So if you are planning multiple visits rather than just one they may be more willing to accommodate....

Murano’s really is a wonderful restaurant, can’t wait to return, hope you enjoy!

We were on reflection in an S1 in October and found the food in Murano both delicious and adequate. However, we did experience a guy who regularly ordered multiples and never seemed to encounter any issues.

On a couple of occasions I was split as to what to order, made a decision only to find two entrees being delivered to our table.

Back on her in May and August and can't wait to escape the UK rain and cold.

We just got off of Silhouette, where thanks to a well-priced dining package, we ate in Murano nearly every night. We had no problem ordering anything and everything we wanted. We aren't big carb or dessert eaters so most nights we did three savory courses, cheese and no dessert; some nights this was two appetizers and an entrée, some nights it would be an appetizer and two entrées, and the last night I ordered three entrées - I requested appetizer portions of the first two but they brought me full portions instead!

Not all of the entrées in Murano are large portions, especially if you don't eat any starchy sides. The lobster, for instance, is a standard tail, about 3-4 ounces. The sauce is rich, but 3-4 ounces of meat is hardly a meal unless you round it out with carbs, which I rarely do - it comes with mashed potatoes but I don't eat them. I'd rather round it out with lamb, veal or venison!