Tabyana Beach Break but eating at Grand Roatan resort or Infinity Bay?

Brad1972

We will being doing the Tabyana Beach Break excursion though our cruise ship. Is it possible to go next door to The Grand Roatan and eat at the Iron Shore Bar and Grill or go to Infinity Bay and eat at their bar and grill if we do not have day passes for them? I wouldnt think it would be an issue to just walk in and spend some money to eat there would it? Day passes are for the use of their facilities like beach loungers, pool, showers and bathrooms. If i'm there to spend money on food they wouldnt turn me away would they just because I dont have a day pass? Anyone else tried this or know?

We will being doing the Tabyana Beach Break excursion though our cruise ship. Is it possible to go next door to The Grand Roatan and eat at the Iron Shore Bar and Grill or go to Infinity Bay and eat at their bar and grill if we do not have day passes for them? I wouldnt think it would be an issue to just walk in and spend some money to eat there would it? Day passes are for the use of their facilities like beach loungers, pool, showers and bathrooms. If i'm there to spend money on food they wouldnt turn me away would they just because I dont have a day pass? Anyone else tried this or know?

All the restaurants and bars affiliated with resorts are open to the public save for maybe Henry Morgan because it's more all inclusive. So the answer is yes feel free to eat it at Grand Roatan or at Infinities at Palapa bar. The food at Beacher's which is a little further up the beach is very good.

AWESOME. that's what i wanted to hear. I know Tabyana has food also but from what i've read is pretty basic stuff like burger, hot dogs, fries and i think someone said tacos. I like to explore my food opportunities.

I picked Tabyana because I like its location along the beach. Its right next to some really good snorkeling. Carnival provides transportation to and from with returning shuttles to the ship every 30-45 minutes, they have servers that you can order drinks and they bring them to you. security to keep the vendors away and watch your stuff while your in the water. its on the larger portion of the beach along West Bay. I've done the resorts day pass thing before and many of them are crowded and dont have many loungers and sometimes have to wait for a lounger to open up. Tabyana has TONS of loungers and tables. I just want to relax on the beach lounger and go snorkeling right there without having to walk down the beach somewhat.

AWESOME. that's what i wanted to hear. I know Tabyana has food also but from what i've read is pretty basic stuff like burger, hot dogs, fries and i think someone said tacos. I like to explore my food opportunities.

I picked Tabyana because I like its location along the beach. Its right next to some really good snorkeling. Carnival provides transportation to and from with returning shuttles to the ship every 30-45 minutes, they have servers that you can order drinks and they bring them to you. security to keep the vendors away and watch your stuff while your in the water. its on the larger portion of the beach along West Bay. I've done the resorts day pass thing before and many of them are crowded and dont have many loungers and sometimes have to wait for a lounger to open up. Tabyana has TONS of loungers and tables. I just want to relax on the beach lounger and go snorkeling right there without having to walk down the beach somewhat.

I wholeheartedly agree with your choice.

just back from roatan.nice beach at tabyana.there is no tables,just loungers that have no padding.road there is pretty beat up.over a hour to get there.was a nerve wracking ride there and back.lots of potholes.we were going back and forth trying to miss the holes.of course we hit most of them.would not do it if it was raining hard.lots of land slides.beer prices were $3.cocktails were $7.the other resorts had nicer loungers and umbrellas but was more crowded in that area.enjoy the beach and stay farther away from the beach to avoid the vendors.

just back from roatan.nice beach at tabyana.there is no tables,just loungers that have no padding.road there is pretty beat up.over a hour to get there.was a nerve wracking ride there and back.lots of potholes.we were going back and forth trying to miss the holes.of course we hit most of them.would not do it if it was raining hard.lots of land slides.beer prices were $3.cocktails were $7.the other resorts had nicer loungers and umbrellas but was more crowded in that area.enjoy the beach and stay farther away from the beach to avoid the vendors.

The island has had the wettest rainy season anyone can remember. From what I understand they're trying hard to get the road situation under control.

Hi Brad,

Not sure why you would do the expensive Tabyana Beach excursion if you are not even eating their lunch. Perhaps you should look into a private excursion that takes you closer to your preferred lunch options?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2588632

We prefer entering the water where the water trampoline is located; swim out to the reef and follow it towards the "wall" over by Tabyana. Check out this site for a map (over-head) that shows the "green flags" entrance. This is the best entry into the water.

https://uponarriving.com/2016/06/16/snorkeling-west-bay-roatan-honduras/

Enjoy!

Kel:D