Inside Scoop in an Inside Cabin

LisaCanada

We have stayed in inside cabins before, never on the Spirit, but I can't imagine it would be any different.

The main difference was the need to set an alarm every morning and any time you might take a quick nap in the afternoon. I love sleeping in pitch black, spent a lot of money on blackout curtains for the home bedroom, only need to roll up a towel and put it at the bottom of the door on an inside cabin and it is pitch black.

We just use the cabin for sleeping and showering, we usually stay in cheapest ocean view but don't hesitate for an inside with a big enough price drop.

We did an inside on the Gem and Dawn....agree with the alarm. You can sleep the day away and not even know it! Also, there is a channel on the TV that shows a webcam from the front of the ship....you can put that on overnight (or nap time) so you can keep track of sunlight and weather. We did not mind an inside at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How many of you are in the room? The insides on the Spirit are very similar to other insides on NCL especially ships like the Dawn/Star. Typically two single beds on along each wall with a pullman for 3rd. I'd have to check again on any rooms for 4.

We stayed in an inside on the Spirit. I think it was on deck 5, right near the stairs or elevator. It was a sideways cabin and it was HUGE...like 200 sq. ft.! We loved it! We left the TV set to the bridge cam, and then we could tell if it was daylight outside.:) The Spirit was one of our favorite ships!

~Joanne

We stayed in our first inside cabin on the Jewel. It is dark, yes. We brought some of those battery tea lights from the dollar store. They were great, gave a little light and kind of romantic too. The room was smaller then balcony rooms but for the 2 of us it was fine. No sitting area or couch though.

We did an inside on the Gem and Dawn....agree with the alarm. You can sleep the day away and not even know it! Also, there is a channel on the TV that shows a webcam from the front of the ship....you can put that on overnight (or nap time) so you can keep track of sunlight and weather. We did not mind an inside at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't keep it on, but when weather is iffy I turn on the tv (I think the ncl tv stayed on the same channel you turned it off on) and determined whether to get up. There was one port I woke up to rain on the camera and then promptly rolled over back to sleep.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk