Anytime Dining?

Netosha

I just booked a cruise for 41 days from now!! The only thing left was anytime dining. We normally get early, because we have kids and want them to get to bed earlier. How exactly does it work? We show up and Hope they have a table available?

You can show up anytime between 5:45pm and 9:30pm to be seated, based on availability. Depending on the ship there is a separate dining room for anytime dining, which usually makes it a little easier to get seated quickly. If you preferred early assigned, just go early to any time dining. What ship are you sailing on? You may also have to go to a different location on the ship to check in, from there they will print out a slip and tell you to go to the dining room. Or if there is a short wait they will give you a buzzer, I've never had to wait anymore than 20minutes during peak times.

It's exactly like any land based restaurant you go to. Show up between the times mentioned, ask for a table and get seated. There may be a short wait at peak times but again, just like any land based restaurant. Also like hftmrock said, if you like your waiter you can request them each night.

You will be seated in the center restaurant. We love anytime, because if I'm hungry we go early, if neither of us are hungry we just meander on the lido deck and chose what we want, and we don't have to worry about standing up our table mates. DH is on chemo, and he has no appetite, so anytime gives us the freedom to choose either, dining room or lido. I guess if he is really having a bad day, we can do room service. While the restaurant is open to anytime as early as 5:45, that should work well with the kids, since the restaurant is not open for seated folks till 6 ( I think).

The only time we have ever had a wait, was elegant night-and on our last cruise, that was resolved by saying we would sit with others (which we like to do) and they got 7 of us, and sat us at a table for 8. If we do have to wait, we sit in the library, play games and talk to people. Two years ago we played Candyland with a young woman and her mom.

I think this will work well for you and the kids. I hope you have a great cruise.