Things You Left Behind in the Cabin You Didn't Want

need2cruisesoon

I left about 8 current issue fashion magazines with the cabin steward to share with any new passengers that might be looking for something to read. I'd purchased them in the airport on the flight down and didn't want to carry them back. He left them in the library.

Mocking someone's spelling or grammar mistake is not cool - not cool at all. As you yourself proved, it can happen to anyone.

Have you read the Cruise Critic Guidelines??

"Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

I took it that the poster was being (trying to be) funny, with quirky dry humor. I didn't feel they were pointing out a spelling issue. See their post #10 for another example of their quirky humor!

We've left a whole garbage bag full of clothes. We wrote on the bag "garbage" and then "basura" (in case they knew Spanish lol). We take some clothes we really don't want anymore and then leave them. Less laundry and more room in the suitcase. We have a cruise ship entertainer friend who said the stewards would love to have our clothes (!). He said he does the same thing when his contracts are up and he heads home - leaves clothes he doesn't want anymore for the stewards to go through. So.....I still do that when I have clothes I don't mind wearing one more time and never seeing again.

Once we left a bottle of wine for the next cruisers to use our cabin, with a bon voyage note from us

Last year I left some magazines that I had finished and thought someone else might enjoy them

Once I left my sneakers at the pre-cruise hotel but didn’t realize it until we were packing to disembark the cruise. I wore socks with flip flops back to Michigan in February......brrr. I’ll never live that one down!