Cabin suggestions for Celebrity Summit

Janie1229

Thanks! I know that it is often possible to get price drops by calling to ask, but that is usually the case before final payment. The most significant price drops I saw last year were after final payment date...and were for guarantee staterooms. Not sure that type of price drop would be available to me.

The nice surprise now is I must qualify for some sort of over 55 or state of residence rate since when I entered that information, the price dropped. It's pretty attractive right now and in the range of where I like to book ($100pp/day). Shame the trip isn't eligible for the advertised perk add-ons too...

Sometimes when you add senior, resident, loyalty info the perks are deleted from the fare and then you see a price drop. You are sometimes better off not entering it and comparing the fares with and without perks and then considering the cost of the perks alone. Then see which works best. Also consider some od the large online TAs. They will often add additional perks that will not add extra cost the cost.

We just got off the Summit yesterday (Feb24) and had 6020 all week. It was LOVELY! HUUUUGE balcony and if you need shade, you can keep your chairs closer to the sliding doors, under the above balcony. If you want sunshine just sit out nearer the railing. According to Celebrity's website, they consider 6020 to be "slightly obstructed" because of the two pillars... which baffled us because we did not find them to be obstructive at all. It was a large, private balcony and we would book it again in a heartbeat.

What are the best veranda cabins on the Summit? For example, on Princess, there are certain balcony cabins that are slightly bigger than others depending on their location on the ship.

Any recommendations for Summit in veranda or other cabins? Thanks!

We love the sweet sixteen balconies the best, but we have also stayed in an aqua class on deck 11, which meant we got to eat in Blu, which I loved. I wanted to caution you: if you are sensitive to smoke, be sure to book on the starboard side. There is a smoking area midship on deck 4 on the port side, and the smoke wafted up to us on deck 6 portside.

• 4 months later...
We are thinking of booking this one too.....how was it? Any noise from the theater?

We liked it! We never heard theater noise, although we also weren't usually in our cabin during the likely times to hear it (we did late seating dinner). I actually thought it was surprisingly quiet overall, and the port side was good positioning for our trip. The only thing that I would note is that b/c it's a more forward cabin, it's a longer walk from the MDR and Oceanview Cafe (buffet) on the other side of the ship. But being on Deck 6 was pretty convenient overall.

DSCN4595.thumb.JPG.f6ad198a410f50c6cf48f222a07d279f.JPG