Club World Vs. Club Ocean Suites

Bootman4U

We have enjoyed sailing in suites with balconies which actually overlook the bow of the ship and have been fortunate enough to do so several times on larger ships (think NCL Deluxe Owner's suites as just one example)

On an upcoming Azamara Asia cruise we have a Club World Owner's booked and am looking at a Pursuit sailing and will have to decide whether to book another "Owner's" or an "Ocean" ( I know, really tough decision).

I have read comments (here) about "soot" depending on the wind and "vibration" in the aft locations. I am wondering if the bathrooms in the Ocean accommodations are significantly smaller. The soot issue (waiting for some attendant to remove it? no, I know how to clean but do I want to?) seems like a more solvable "problem" than the possible vibration one.

Perhaps I am being totally ridiculous and should worry about more important issues like...?

Thanks for any helpful comments. I have to decide this within the next 24 hours it seems.

Personally I’d do the CW. It has a much larger and more usable balcony. The bathrooms are identical, but the space inside the rest of the cabin is smaller in a CO and there is less storage in the living room and bedroom, but still fine. If you are on deck 6 in a CO there will be a connecting door to the OV (if they don’t change that on Pursuit). Add to that more mechanical noise I’d pay more and go for the CW.

Phil

My thoughts:

Ocean suites are slightly smaller. The balconies are also slightly smaller. The drawers in the bedroom are slightly less deep. Bathrooms seem to me to be the same size, or at least close enough there's no issue. There is more motion at the bow and, depending on deck, anchor noise when tendering and bow thruster noise when docking/departing. The view is great over the bow for itineraries like Panama Canal, Bay of Kotor, Norwegian fjords, Kiel Canal, Alaska glaciers, etc.

Owner's suites do have vibration but only when the ship is going at top speed, and less so on higher decks. There is little wind on the balconies, even at high speeds. There is occasional soot but we've never had a real issue with it.

As a follow-on I feel compelled to add that saying something in a cabin is "bad" or "terrible" etc. without giving any detail doesn't really help in decision-making but I remain grateful for such comments since they are better than none at all.

We like both Owners for the great balcony, and Ocean for the great view when sailing up river. Last year we did Venice arriving in the Ocean suite, and departed in the Owners suite on the following cruise. We also did the Panama Canal in the Ocean suite and had great views. We have always had 7005 on starboard side which in our opinion has the best bed layout where the bed is next to the side window. We like this location particularly for the forward view and have it again on our cruise next month for the river cruise into Ho Chi Minh and Bangkok.

Some people complain about the noise from the anchor chain when tendering, I can honestly say it has never bothered us. Sometimes we’ve heard the bridge officers above when they’ve been going out onto the wing bridge, but it’s hardly an inconvenience. The only inconvenience I can think off is the occasional drip from the bridge windscreen washers when you’re on the sun bed!