Pre-buying alcohol to be delivered to room

southernsands18

im looking at pre-buying a bottle of vodka and having it sent to my room. I will be the only adult and will not really utilize the cheers package. Does anyone know the size of the bottle that is delivered to your room if you got the absolute vodka? The size is not listed on the website.

Yes $75 is very expensive but if that is all the alcohol you're going to drink for the entire cruise then maybe it's worth it. Certainly cheaper than buying the Cheers package.

We plan to purchase the Bubbles package (pop, juice etc) and have a bottle of vodka delivered to our room.

Hard to swallow a 900.00 cheers package on a 8 day cruise! 85.00 for a bottle of rum, 10$ for 6 pack Diet Coke for a total 112. Total with taxes. Add in a couple chocolate martinis and we are good

Everyone has a choice what works better for them!

Agreed!! *cough*cough* rum-runners.*cough*

I believe the Vodka is 1 litre. $75 PLUS 15%(delivery fee) = WAY too fricken expensive. It sells here for @ $12
From what I was told they just started this 15% charge about 2-3 weeks ago. I had to order my bottle of Crown by phone as I couldn't find the country code that asked for. Also was told there was a charge of $7:50 if sent to the room before 4 pm.

We just came back from 7 days on the Breeze. We bought 2 bottles of alcohol. 1 Seagrams 7 and 1 Bacardi rum. It was kinda a pain to keep going back and forth to the room. The cost of both was $188. And we didn’t drink them fully dry. The Mango Madness or kiss on the lips was $10.50 each. I could’ve bought 18 of them. I don’t think we will buy bottles again. It was a major pain to keep returning to the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just came back from 7 days on the Breeze. We bought 2 bottles of alcohol. 1 Seagrams 7 and 1 Bacardi rum. It was kinda a pain to keep going back and forth to the room. The cost of both was $188. And we didn’t drink them fully dry. The Mango Madness or kiss on the lips was $10.50 each. I could’ve bought 18 of them. I don’t think we will buy bottles again. It was a major pain to keep returning to the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little planning is in order. We always bring a small flask.

I want to move to this magical place where Absolut Vodka is only $12 a liter.

I got my bottle sizes wrong. "Big bottle" - "small bottle" here it's $22 for the 750ml (big bottle)

Edited by ChicoCA

We usually buy a bottle of vodka to have drinks on the balcony before dinner. It is very expensive compared to home BUT the per drink price still comes out cheaper than buying them at the bar.

Agreed we do the same with a bottle of crown, drinks in our cabin still less expensive than buying them at the bar at $9 plus grats each.

I got my bottle sizes wrong. "Big bottle" - "small bottle" here it's $22 for the 750ml (big bottle)

That's a little more realistic. So $22/.75 is about $29 a liter (remember, on-board you're getting the big-GER bottle). So the $85 liter you get onboard is only about 3x what you pay on land. Expensive, yes - but you're not paying $85 for $12 of Absolut.

Going with Cheers for the first time this time around. Under the new plan, with the $50 drink limit, you can drink the top-shelf liquors now, plus the specialty coffees and stuff too (which don't count toward your limit), so you're not limited to the cheap stuff anymore.