My Report Card for January 26, Jade Southern Carribean

Manbo

Here is my thoughts on our past 10 days on the Jade.

The ship “A”

The Jade was recently refurbished and we liked the improvements.The Garden Café design was very accommodating and facilitated the flow ofpeople.

The crew “A”

The crew was hard working yet very friendly. Our cabinsteward was Noel and we never had such a clean cabin. Marko the barista/server in the Atrium wasgreat! Maria at Jasmine Garden was incredible!

There were more than a few times we felt that the crew wasoverloaded with work. We noted that on acomment card and I hope NCL pays heed. But all and all, the crew was wonderful.

The food “B+”

This was our tenth NCL cruise and we felt this was the bestfood out of any past NCL cruises. We loved Cagney’s (ate there twice), LeBistro, Moderno, Grand Pacific, Jasmine Gardens (sushi twice). We were underwhelmedwith La Cucina and even tried it twice!

Make sure you book your specialty restaurants as soon aspossible as we tried to change a reservation a few days into the cruise andthere was no availability at the other restaurants (that is why we ate at LaCucina the second time).

We did miss the pool side barbecues that we loved on pastcruises.

The entertainment “B+”

Randon was the best entertainer of the bunch! His vocals andsong selection gained him growing crowds every night! It was impossible to finda seat whenever he performed! Everyone sang along and one of the guests playedsome background harmonica!

The Show Band and the various variations were fun and very good!

Guitarist Don Diego was an incredible guitar player! Hevaried his sets from a Beatles tribute to classical guitar music. While notevery set was our style of music, the guy was awesome!

The big shows (Blazing Boots, Elements, the aerialists DuoAura, etc,) were all great!

We felt P&K Duo needed some coaching. Every set was the samesongs (Volaire and some bad Elvis) and same banter with the audience (Who hasbeen to Rome?).

We would have loved more music pool side. The C-Note Trionever played at the pool before 1:30.

The ports of call “B”.

As a result of Hurricane Irma, our itinerary was changed andwe enjoyed the new ports. We only booked 1 excursion through the ship (Curacao)which was a tour of the island and beach day. We were very pleased!

We did the other ports on our own, except we stayed on theship in Jamaica.

Bonaire was nice but not much to do.

As Platinum customers we get a 10% discount on excursions,but when we got our final statement the discount was not applied. Luckily, I caughtit in time to get it corrected. So, double check your charges before the last night!

Final Notes:

Chair Hogs were out in full force! For the first time I sawpeople drape towels over the chairs at the dinning tables in the pool areas! In theearly morning the crew would go around and place stickers with the time noted onthe loungers that were being hogged, but that was as far as they would go. Isaw lounge chairs with stickers go unattended for over 2 hours.

Television channels could be improved. A simple channel likeHeadline News would have been great. Fox News and MSNBC are non-stop politics.Or maybe CNN??

Embarkation was a breeze! We got to the pier at 11:30 andwere having a drink at the Great Outdoors by noon!

Disembarkation was just as smooth. We waited until 9:00 toleave and were waiting for our Lyft to the airport by 9:30.

Final Grade “A”!

We had a blast!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write the "report card". Glad you had a good time on the Jade and looking forward to the Transatlanctic in April.

Q. Did you have a chance to visit O'Sheehans... it was a favourite hangout on the Star so wondering if you enjoyed too?

Thanks for all the great info.

Cheers,

Connie

I was also on the Jade for this trip, along with a friend on his first cruise.

I agree with everything said here, except we really liked P&K, even though they were very repetitive in their songs. Some coaching would help.

O'sheens was great, but not like the Getaway or Epic. The bar was fine, as well as the dining booths along the windows on both port and starboard sides. It had low tables and seats along the inside overlooking the Atrium, not like the taller bar tables and seats on the other ships. It was however, the "go to" bar for us.

I loved Bonaire, we rented a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers, and drove the southern half of the island. We drove half of the northern part, but went back to the ship due to a late start. I highly recommend the golf cart rental, it was the highlight of the cruise!

Thanks for taking the time to write the "report card". Glad you had a good time on the Jade and looking forward to the Transatlanctic in April.

Q. Did you have a chance to visit O'Sheehans... it was a favourite hangout on the Star so wondering if you enjoyed too?

Thanks for all the great info.

Cheers,

Connie[/quote

It is funny you ask that. On our last night of the cruise, while watching the Super Bowl in the Atrium, my wife and i looked up and mentioned how we never made it to O'Sheehans!