Topless Sundecks

ElaineKeagy

Do any NCL ships have sundecks for topless sunbathing??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Comment Deleted - answer provided in previous post see NCL LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

DISCOURTEOUS OR DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR

Pool, deck and theater chairs may not be reserved. Topless sunbathing is not permitted. Boom boxes or loud radios are not permitted. Roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles, and similar items may not be utilized on-board; except for mobility aids related to special needs, as approved by the ship’s management.

I cruised on the Pearl in 2008. There was a topless sundeck on Deck 15 - Adults only. But occasionally you’d see the heads of pre-pubescent boys popping up the stairwell like prairie dogs!!

Looked for the topless deck on the Dawn in 2015 and couldn’t find it. I guess topless sunbathing is just too European.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Comment Deleted - answer provided in previous post see NCL LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

DISCOURTEOUS OR DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR

Pool' date=' deck and theater chairs may not be reserved. [b']Topless sunbathing is not permitted.[/b] Boom boxes or loud radios are not permitted. Roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, surfboards, bicycles, and similar items may not be utilized on-board; except for mobility aids related to special needs, as approved by the ship’s management.

Ironically..... "pool, deck and theater chairs may not be reserved" yet are on a regular basis and not enforced my NCL...... so it would be interesting if someone pushed this and when attempts to enforce, they hand the officer the Guest Conduct Policy and point out the "chair hogs" and the male pool guests who are topless..... doesn't specify female.

• Haha 1

"SKIN" exposure - European cruises may not be enforced as much as those in the western hemisphere.

Some cruise lines provide a secure top deck facility for this activity. I believe that Carnival is one.

As usual it is a risk that one takes with consequences from a verbal cover it up and the worse case

scenario being evicted from the ship at the next port of call.

Makes a big difference where the sun bathing is taking place - in common public view with children

present or on a top deck secluded area not frequented.

Never the less NCL states "Topless sunbathing is not permitted" flaunt it at your own risk.

Such a deal about the birthday suit !

I didn’t bother mentioning it in my last trip report but on our 4 night cruise on the Jade in January I did see topless sunbathing on the Freestyle Sundeck on deck 15.

When I was on the Epic in 2016 I not only saw a topless sunbather on deck 19, she was bottomless too. That really caught me off guard.

Maybe I just attract naked ladies. :D

Do y'all remember the episode of the Beverly Hillbillies where Jethro had the bright idea for the the family to open a topless restaurant? Things went well until opening days when Granny and Ellie May found out that topless did NOT mean the waitresses did not wear hats!

Maniacal,

That’s funny. Don’t make shows like that anymore.

How’s the programming going?

Being Positive makes life better. Look for the Good not the Bad

Chair Hog: Someone who got out of bed and to the pool earlier than another person.

... and then chooses to put their towel on a chair to reserve it, without actually using it, for an extended period of time.

Don't forget that second part of the definition. That's an important distinction. I don't know of a pejorative for 'early riser', but I know plenty for those who think etiquette and rules don't apply to them.

For some reason they did away with the Freestyle decks. I was recently told that the former Freestyle Deck on Epic now has a sign saying you have to remain clothed.

Carnival did away with their topless decks a few years ago.

Costa Cruises does not discriminate against women and allows topless sunbathing anyplace that men are allowed to go shirtless. This includes on US sailings.

Or you can book one of the now many private cruises. The costs have gone down tremendously and they cruise without kids, making them less crowded and freeing up for more adult entertainment shows.

"SKIN" exposure - European cruises may not be enforced as much as those in the western hemisphere.

Some cruise lines provide a secure top deck facility for this activity. I believe that Carnival is one.

As usual it is a risk that one takes with consequences from a verbal cover it up and the worse case

scenario being evicted from the ship at the next port of call.

Makes a big difference where the sun bathing is taking place - in common public view with children

present or on a top deck secluded area not frequented.

Never the less NCL states "Topless sunbathing is not permitted" flaunt it at your own risk.

Such a deal about the birthday suit !

In NYC a female can be topless in any public area as long as they are not selling anything.

• Haha 1

NYC, one of the first places to be forced to stop discriminating against women in this regard.

Funny that with all the puritans saying the world will end if women's breasts are exposed that they decided it was better to allow women equal rights and not wear shirts rather than force men to wear shirts as part of equal rights. Proves it was really all about making women second class citizens and not about the breasts.

Unless the rules have changed, any ship with a Freestyle Deck permitted nude sunbathing in that area. There was signage at the stairs leading up the area that read "ADULTS ONLY". There was no other area on the ship where topless sunbathing was permitted. Especially on European and transatlantic cruises, the Freestyle Deck got it's share of those folks wishing to get that all-over tan.

Carnival did away with the top-optional "funnel deck" many years ago.

Carnival did away with the top-optional "funnel deck" many years ago.

Carnival Victory February 2009 had such a section - my reference - and of course information can be

dated changed amended refreshed deleted ala ad infinitium.

My earlier post comment still is "Such a deal about the birthday suit" !

Best place for sun (burning tattooing engraving of the skin) tanning is of course the top deck where

ample opportunity for exposure to the suns UVA UVB tanning rays are not restricted.

But now with the top decks of ships being made into amusement parks there is plenty of room to run

but nowhere to hide to get that total tramp stamp provided by the sun.

Candid comment - "We don't need fig police" regulating sun bathing which is the main reason for being topless !

Unless the rules have changed, any ship with a Freestyle Deck permitted nude sunbathing in that area. There was signage at the stairs leading up the area that read "ADULTS ONLY". There was no other area on the ship where topless sunbathing was permitted. Especially on European and transatlantic cruises, the Freestyle Deck got it's share of those folks wishing to get that all-over tan.

We were on the Freestyle Deck on the Epic in March, but were told on here that there is now a sign saying clothing must be worn.

• 1 month later...