Carnival newbie here...I have some questions.

kbset

Hi!

We have never sailed with Carnival before but are looking at a cruise next year on the Magic. I've seen others mentioning a PVP for Carnival....where can I find a good PVP in regards to Carnival cruises?

We have sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and NCL...which of these is Carnival similar to? How is the food?

Activity wise, do they have a lot for a 4 year old to do? We have a daughter with a physical disability (she's in a wheelchair) but by the time we go next year, she might possibly be walking.

Weird question...how is the coffee onboard? We were most recently on NCL and the coffee onboard was horrendous!!

Thank you!

Carnival in my opinion is most like Royal. They are different, but not wildly different.

The decor is a lot more “out there” than Royal. Very glitzy and neon on the older ships.

Food is very subjective but I think it’s a little better on Carnival.

Carnival has a more “Fun” environment. For example the sail away party is much better than Royal.

Coffee? The free stuff sucks. The coffee at the coffee shop that you pay for is good.

Royal has better suite perks.

Chefs table on Royal is much better.

Room stewards are better on Carnival.

My husband and I sailed on the Magic in November, and it’s a great ship. The food is really good and there are a ton of options of places to eat and types of food. You won’t go hungry, that’s for sure.

I can’t speak as to what there will be for your daughter to do, but you might want to contact the Carnival Special Needs department. You can find their contact information on the Carnival website.

As far as coffee is concerned, the free stuff on the lido is decent. There is also a coffee bar with more gourmet (for a fee) coffee, but due to the fact that I can only drink decaf, I’ve never tried it. But I know that others love it.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise! The Magic so far has been our favorite ship that we have sailed on. Though that might change in a couple months when we sail on the Horizon. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I sailed on the Magic in November, and it’s a great ship. The food is really good and there are a ton of options of places to eat and types of food. You won’t go hungry, that’s for sure.

I can’t speak as to what there will be for your daughter to do, but you might want to contact the Carnival Special Needs department. You can find their contact information on the Carnival website.

As far as coffee is concerned, the free stuff on the lido is decent. There is also a coffee bar with more gourmet (for a fee) coffee, but due to the fact that I can only drink decaf, I’ve never tried it. But I know that others love it.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise! The Magic so far has been our favorite ship that we have sailed on. Though that might change in a couple months when we sail on the Horizon. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The specialty coffee shop serves decaf regular coffee and decaf espresso drinks. I'm a decaf drinker as well.

I think there's a ton your daughter will enjoy! Be sure to get to the Dr. Suess Parade and Story time (Check the Fun Times). My 6 year old still loved it and I thought he would have grown out of it. Also on one of the last sea days they have Dr. Duess Brunch ($5/per person). The Cat in the Hat, Thing One, Thing Two, and Sam I Am come around to the table in i nteract. It is always so much fun! Also try to get to the Hsabro Game show. It is fun to watch! Our son loves the shuffleboard table and fooseball table in the Red Frog Pub and playing games in the game room. There really is so much to do as a family!

I've sailed on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival and I think Carnival is most like Royal Caribbean. However the free coffee on Carnival is the best of the three. We usually get room room service in the mornings for coffee and pastries so I don't usually get coffee from the buffet area. If you like flavored creamer (I'm a Sugar Free Vanilla girl) be sure to pack it! Also room service on Carnival doesn't serve hot breakfast. We miss that from Royal Caribbean, but it's not a deal breaker! Bagels, cereal, and yogurt are fine by us!

You can call the regular Carnival telephone number and request a PVP. We originally got assigned one when we made our first booking. She was wonderful. Then she got a promotion and the two replacements I dealt with did not compare. I finally was able to get hold of her and ask HER for a referral and I am happy again. Some are great, some in the middle, and some not great. But you have to start somewhere and CC does not allow us to give references.