Inside cabin vs. inside promenade cabin?

Janie1229

Hi, first time on Royal Caribbean. Have cruised only on Princess previously. Can anyone advise what the promenade cabins are like, and if they are worth it? Any photos would be very appreciated!

Also, if you were going to book a promenade cabin, what deck would you choose and why? A friend and I are tentatively looking at Adventure of the Seas out of FLL in October.

Thanks in advance!

We have had a couple different Promenade cabins and like them when available over the standard inside. Not a ton more square footage, but there is a seating area in the window that we actually ending up using for storage which was nice. Even the extra 10 sq ft or so feels a bit bigger than it is. We prefer deck 8 midway down because it gives a nice view of the promenade. If not available deck 7 then.

Hi, first time on Royal Caribbean. Have cruised only on Princess previously. Can anyone advise what the promenade cabins are like, and if they are worth it? Any photos would be very appreciated!

Also, if you were going to book a promenade cabin, what deck would you choose and why? A friend and I are tentatively looking at Adventure of the Seas out of FLL in October.

Thanks in advance!

b0cdf686b8a3312ebe1c07139c812ca4.jpg

I was originally booked for an inside and decided that, because I was travelling solo, it would be nice to look outside so decided for a promenade room. It’s the best for people watching. This was Explorer deck 7 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached are photos from a promenade cabin on Independence of the Seas. The room was tight but Princess cabins can be small to, mine was. Hope this helps. The view jpg is a view from the bay window. It's a nice place to view events in the promenade (parades etc).

1438443657_Prom2.jpg.944fbc4f765d28f7711b29ba537a5290.jpg

View.jpg.eea49541fc3b0bdb88318c960223f651.jpg

1026151535a.jpg.d69a714903aeca87a59fc586ca16f1de.jpg

Edited by C Cruise Dude
add

But they can be very loud. They do flash mob dances, parties, parades, etc on the promenade. Wife and I have had several of these cabins and she swore them off last time because every time we tried to take a nap they were playing loud music on the promenade.

For an inside cabin the size is great but just realize it could be loud at times.

I had a promenade cabin on Liberty of the Seas. I liked it better than a regular inside cabin because of the seating area and window. I like higher deck cabins, so I always book a cabin on a high deck. As far as the view from the window, I think a lower cabin would offer the best view. The noise never seemed to be a problem for me. My husband and I are usually up early and stay up late. We don't nap in our rooms, so maybe that's why I never noticed the noise.

I had a promenade cabin on Liberty of the Seas. I liked it better than a regular inside cabin because of the seating area and window. I like higher deck cabins, so I always book a cabin on a high deck. As far as the view from the window, I think a lower cabin would offer the best view. The noise never seemed to be a problem for me. My husband and I are usually up early and stay up late. We don't nap in our rooms, so maybe that's why I never noticed the noise.

Our first was on liberty. No issue. But it seems like they have been doing more and more on the promenade as the years go by. Line dancing, DJ’s, etc. same goes for the boardwalks on oasis class. Our last promenade cabin was near where they did all the music and dance stuff at random times. I’m not that picky and it was far from a huge problem but it was quite noticeable and for some I’m sure it would be a problem. I suspect it matters if you are near the speakers for the music. I guess we were but how do really know beforehand.

We stayed in one once and liked it much better than inside. You could see the parade from where we were which was nice. Noise was not really a problem. We were on deck seven. The one thing you do need to be careful of is keeping your drapes closed when getting dressed, taking a shower etc. We saw quite the view from across the way of people coming out of the shower with no clothes on or getting dressed…who didn't realize they could be seen LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums