Vegetarian In Luminae

argyllsock

Hi Everyone,

We've finally booked a suite on a summit cruise to Bermuda this spring. We've been hooked on Aqua class and Blu restaurant where they've been very accommodating to vegetarians. Looking at the Luminae menus posted on CC and elsewhere, the vegetarian option is pretty much limited to one choice. Is there a separate vegetarian menu (blu had one) or can the vegetarian in our party order order from Blu or MDR menus?

Thanks!

Not sure, but we have had excellent customized service in Luminae. I like more green veggies than is often on the plate, so I've just asked them: May I have a big serving of broccoli (or whatever). Often I just want a main dish salad for lunch or dinner. So I've asked them: please bring me a full plate full of lettuce, and grilled chicken on top, and some vinaigrette on the side. They are happy to help. As I recall there must be some vegetarian selection, but if you talk to them they will make whatever you want within reason.

Hi Everyone,

We've finally booked a suite on a summit cruise to Bermuda this spring. We've been hooked on Aqua class and Blu restaurant where they've been very accommodating to vegetarians. Looking at the Luminae menus posted on CC and elsewhere, the vegetarian option is pretty much limited to one choice. Is there a separate vegetarian menu (blu had one) or can the vegetarian in our party order order from Blu or MDR menus?

Thanks!

In Luminae you will have the MDR menu available to order from. You can mix and match items from both menus. The Blu menu is not an option, but suite guests are permitted to dine in Blu on an availability basis. You can have your butler arrange this or speak to your maitre'd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YES !

I am a vegetarian and have eaten many, many times in Luminae over the past couple years. Ask for the Main Dining Room menu and the Vegetarian menu in addition to the Luminae menu when you are seated for dinner. You will then have three menus to choose from for dinner.

Lunch however ... not so good. They do have a couple sandwiches that can be customized, but lunch in Luminae for vegetarians isn't nearly as good as the dinner options.

One thing we always do is ask our butler or Michael's Club Concierge for all the Main Dining room, vegetarian, and Luminae menus for the entire cruise. If you are in the Penthouse or Royal Suite, you shouldn't have any trouble getting all the menus on the first or second day. Sky suite or Celebrity suite ... maybe, maybe not.

-- Don

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

They should have "Canyon Ranch" veg. specialties. If not, being in Luminae, should be able to accommodate the needs of special diets.