RCCL We pick your cabin

MsMarley

If I book an OV GTY can I upgrade to a balcony if the fares are reduced closer to sailing, May 2018? Do they sometimes call and offer paid upgrades?

Thank you!

Yes, you can upgrade. They do sometimes call and offer upgrades, but it seems to be very rare anymore.

The favorite part of our Alaska cruise was sitting on our balcony watching the glaciers. With an inside cabin you have to get dressed and go to an observation area with lots of other people. Not my cup of tea. But if $$$ are in issue, I understand.

We discussed all options but the price difference between an interior room and a view is $900-$1100 and balcony is $2500-$2700. That pays for a lot of excursions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always book inside cabins. The only time we spend any time at all in the cabin is early in the morning drinking coffee, watching news, and planning the day. We save much money which we use for more cruises. As far as low deck cabins go....those are the best. The addage among regular cruisers is..."the more you pay, the more you sway"....Low cabins move less than high decks. Perhaps we dont know any better, but we have 65 cruises and 15 TA's already and it has worked well.

Doug

I’m booked in two studios for my two upcoming solo cruises on Adventure and Harmony and both are on lower decks (Decks Two and Four respectively). I splurged a bit for Harmony because it turned out that there was only a $100 difference between the studio interior and studio ocean view. I really don’t care where my staterooms are located, just happy to be onboard on a cruise ship [emoji4]

OP, I hope you have a great cruise and good luck with your room assignment! One day I will cruise to Alaska, sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We book GTY cabins whenever we can, as it means we save money and can spend more on other things. Interesting you say about your nerves not handling it - I LOVE checking my booking every day (Yes, I know, saddo for checking every day) and its kind of exciting. :eek:

Jean

Same here :) Booked last month and cruising next month...still waiting and checking every single day :) Always book GTY and never had a bad cabin.

You have to understand that interiors are for the most part, the lowest category rooms. If you have an interior under the kitchen, you're going to hear walking above you for the entire cruise as the kitchen is nonstop activity.

I booked an interior guarantee for my upcoming Grandeur cruise in April. They've already assigned me the cabin. I am literally in an interior at the very back of the ship with a giant blank area all around. I THINK its the kitchen next to me, but if i'm lucky, it might just be an office in the kitchen (I wont' know till i actually board). I only did it because it was a solo cruise for myself and I'm more tolerant of noise than my wife. My wife would go nuts in a room like this. The only reason i'm doing it because I need 18 points to get to Diamond and this 9 night cruise will just get me there. Check it out 3659 on the Grandeur. I know I can change within the same category, but i'm not sure if that would be better or worse. Can someone chime in if you wanted to change, do they just pick out another one out of random in the same category again or can you choose from whats available?