Glory - Steakhouse

jas1178

OK I see the NEW menu now, doesn't look any different to me.

The change I sadly notice the most is on the dessert menu. Selections are very limited now, and NO CHEESECAKE.

There were other changes in appetizers and entrees IIRC. Pull up the old one and compare.

Got off the Glory yesterday and ate at the steakhouse twice. We took advantage of the 50% off wine and it was applied to two bottles. Which did suprised us as I asked if it was only good for one bottle which the waitress confirmed. The final bill came and both were 50% off. It was a good suprised. They didn't seem to mention the free wine option to us, but I heard it offered to other individuals.

My only reservation/complaint of the steakhouse on the Glory was the location/view. We ate at 6pm the first night and 6:30pm on the second to last night and in both instances we had great views of people lounging around the pool area. It diminished the experience to watch half naked (beyond) obese people lounge around and check their hair and makeup in the steakhouse windows. FYI, the windows are heavily tinted, but the people in the outside can still see in to the steakhouse.

However, I will concsede that it wasn't enough to cancel our second reservation which was for a special occasion. If we didn't have a special occasion to celebrate I likely would have cancelled and simply dined in the MDR.

The food was great as I had the boneless rib eye one night and the chicken the second. The chocolate sampler was very similiar to what I had on the breeze years ago and the Washington apple was delicious.

Got off the Glory yesterday . . .

The food was great as I had the boneless rib eye one night and the chicken the second. The chocolate sampler was very similiar to what I had on the breeze years ago and the Washington apple was delicious.

I know this is an old zombie thread but unless I'm mistaken neither the chocolate sampler nor the Washington apple dish are on the new menu, leading me to believe that the Glory still has the old steakhouse menu.

Dessert portion of the new menu:

steakhouse1.jpg

don't believe everything you read here. Comparing a Flat iron to a filet is ludicrous. even the best Chefs talk about how hard it is to cook a flat iron and it has to be mr/rare to be tender, not your best cut of meat. I have never had a bad meal in any of the Steakhouses. The comment about the one side is somewhat misleading. You can only have one appetizer. You can have soup, salad, appetizer, dinner, and dessert, no problem.

I've always ordered 2 appetizers in the Steakhouses, probably had 20 meals there throughout Carnival's fleet and never been an issue. Okay, I don't order the salad when I do that. I will get 2 sides as well to go with my medium rare filet mignon.

As far as which Steakhouse is the "worst", my recent experience on the Miracle, where our table conversation was drowned out by the sing-a-long and name that tune game being played decks below in the atrium lobby qualified as my worst.

Got off the Glory yesterday and ate at the steakhouse twice. We took advantage of the 50% off wine and it was applied to two bottles. Which did suprised us as I asked if it was only good for one bottle which the waitress confirmed. The final bill came and both were 50% off. It was a good suprised. They didn't seem to mention the free wine option to us, but I heard it offered to other individuals.

My only reservation/complaint of the steakhouse on the Glory was the location/view. We ate at 6pm the first night and 6:30pm on the second to last night and in both instances we had great views of people lounging around the pool area. It diminished the experience to watch half naked (beyond) obese people lounge around and check their hair and makeup in the steakhouse windows. FYI, the windows are heavily tinted, but the people in the outside can still see in to the steakhouse.

However, I will concsede that it wasn't enough to cancel our second reservation which was for a special occasion. If we didn't have a special occasion to celebrate I likely would have cancelled and simply dined in the MDR.

You could have eaten later and been exposed to a constant stream of smokers and vapers huddling outside the restaurant's windows like homeless drug addicts.