Upgrade Question

Once you book your stateroom does Carnival have a system where you can upgrade your stateroom for a discount price like NCL has? Sorry for our ignorance, we normally cruise NCL and our last Carnival Cruise was years ago so we can’t remember if Carnival offers this feature. Thanks!

I like the NCL opportunity of bidding for an upgraded cabin on NCL. I could have bid $25 or $50 total to change a balcony to a mini suite last month on the Dawn. However, I didn't want to risk getting a very forward suite so I stayed put mid ship.

I did receive one upsell call from Carnival about changing a balcony to a suite but they wanted the full dollar differential so I declined.

I've only been upgraded just once in 35 cruises on Carnival, and that was for the second part of a 21 day B2B Journeys cruise. They switched me from an inside to a solo balcony, I was amazed! Thje 2nd day out at St Croix I saw 3 large whales with 1 baby cavorting around the pier while we were docked.

I wish they did have a process like that in place. I think it would be hugely popular. I’ve received upgrade calls 5x in the past 6 years or so. Once complimentary at no cost & the others were super reasonable offers - moving from inside to balcony, or balcony to spa balcony - the amount I paid was much less than I would’ve paid upon initial purchase. I did decline an upgrade offer from a balcony to a suite. The cost was over $400 and I couldn’t get them to budge. I would’ve taken it for $350 [emoji16] That being said, I haven’t received an upgrade call on my past 2 cruises, which were both after I declined the suite offer. I hope I wasn’t taken off the list. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk