2nd floor balcony

redhot77

Depends on which ones(probably Breeze or dream) are out of Galveston. I was doing a mock booking for May of 2019 and it showed Balcony's on 2 d floor. I just don't know how I feel about that. It did show them being in the mid-ship and coves. I have issues with sea sickness and don't want to have an issue.

You must be talking about a Cove balcony and we love them! We have had one twice and have booked another one in September. Honestly, I prefer the Cove balconies over the other balconies on the Dream class ships.

I suffer from motion sickness and have not had a problem at all with these balconies. Just book midship and you will be just fine. In fact, you will feel less movement in a cove balcony than you will on other balconies!

We just got off the Magic on Saturday after spending 7 days in a midship cove balcony. Both Sandy and I thought the cabin was fine. The balcony is small and feels more closed in because of the protective structure that forms an oval around the opening. There was no problem with noise or motion. You could see the water up close and personal, which was nice, but the view to the sky was restricted because of lifeboat placement and the balcony was more frequently wet. These cabins are slightly less expensive than an upper floor standard balcony. For our 14-day journey cruise on the Breeze in September we decided to book a standard upper floor balcony.

I think the cove balconies on the Dream class are the best kept secret and the best deal on the ship, as long as they are forward of the mid-ship elevators.

It felt slightly roomier to me, totally private, and partially shaded every day. They are so close to the water, and that's all you see.