Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer TA1-660| TRACY ARM FJORD

knittinggirl

So from what you are saying, I presume that Tracy Arm boat tour on May 20 will probably wind up being an Endicott Arm Tour? But not cancelled altogether, right?

Is Endicott Arm still a good tour? Worth 7 hours and over $200 per person? We will be in Juneau from 9am until 9pm, so hopefully still some time to spend inport.

Thanks for your advice![/quote

If you are in Juneau from 9-9 book with Adventure Bound instead of thru the cruise line. Price is more in the $150pp range and by May 20 I'm sure they will be operating. Give them a call and ask Winona. I've gone out with them 1/2 dozen times and will repeat next visit again, fantastic day trip.

Thanks for the suggestion DougH. I checked out their website. They are quite a bit cheaper, but their boat tour leaves at 8:15 am, and we don’t dock until 9.

I'm a little confused, if you are on a May 11 (Celebrity Solstice) cruise and don't do the Tracy Arm excursion will you not see any Glaciers. I thought the cruise ship would get close to Sawyer or Dawes Glacier no matter what? Celebrity is not real helpful with this. My husband and I have been to Alaska a few times, and have been lucky to see calving, but we will be traveling with my sister and her husband, who have never been to Alaska. I think it is an important piece of an Alaskan cruise to see a glacier, so I want to make sure we do.

I'm a little confused, if you are on a May 11 (Celebrity Solstice) cruise and don't do the Tracy Arm excursion will you not see any Glaciers. I thought the cruise ship would get close to Sawyer or Dawes Glacier no matter what? Celebrity is not real helpful with this. My husband and I have been to Alaska a few times, and have been lucky to see calving, but we will be traveling with my sister and her husband, who have never been to Alaska. I think it is an important piece of an Alaskan cruise to see a glacier, so I want to make sure we do.

Very wrong assumptions. Nope the ship does NOT have to get within glacier view with Tracy Arm on the itinerary. Frequently that early in the season, you don't have much of chance for Tracy Arm, and the ship is diverted to Endicott. Dawes is at the end, which most ships do make to within viewing.

The way to stack up the "glaciers" is simply to do tours. Get to Mendenhall during the Juneau port time. and do some flights out of Juneau/Skagway/Hoonah for glacier viewing. .

The way to stack up the "glaciers" is simply to do tours. Get to Mendenhall during the Juneau port time. and do some flights out of Juneau/Skagway/Hoonah for glacier viewing. .

Yep! We did the Tracy Arm (diverted to Endicott as all were that year). Then we did the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari in Skagway (to Davidson Glacier). Plus we did the helicopter ride to Mendenhall in Juneau. They were all different and amazing!

Very wrong assumptions. Nope the ship does NOT have to get within glacier view with Tracy Arm on the itinerary. Frequently that early in the season, you don't have much of chance for Tracy Arm, and the ship is diverted to Endicott. Dawes is at the end, which most ships do make to within viewing.

Thank you Budget Queen