Clue Murder Mystery

banditoo

We will be cruising on Splendor next month and I see they have the Clue Murder Mystery on the itinerary. I have read some past comments about this being largely a marketing mechanism to get people to attend events, bingo, sales talks etc. in order to get the clues and solve the mystery. Is this still the case?

Yeah, we missed it on first cruise so we thought we'd try it on our next one but it quickly became tiresome having to be at a certain place at a certain time every day and we quit about halfway through. I don't know what I was really expecting but Clue wasn't it. I guess I thought there would be more detecting/figuring out puzzles or something but it was just show up and get the clue. So we didn't think it was fun but that's OK, there were plenty of other things to do that we really enjoyed like trivia and scavenger hunts and pictionary and more.

Glad to see this!

We are sailing on the Breeze soon and I thought about this but it sounds like I will probably give it a pass.

Good idea on paper but sounds like poor execution.

We tried the scavenger hunt on our first cruise and loved it.

Tried it last year on the Dream and our second stop was to take a photo with the crew member at Cherry on Top.

Saw a couple of other "hunters" leaving the shop and went in and said a cheery "Hey, how's it going?! Do you mind if we get a photo of you?"

She saw the list in my hand, rolled her eyes, dropped her shoulders while letting out a huuuuge sigh and said "is it for that stupid treasure hunt?"

I quickly noped out of there and didn't bother with the rest of the hunt.

Completely deflated my enjoyment and put me in a fairly sour mood.

My wife finally convinced me to call Guest Services and let them know what had happened. (Generally I don't like to complain, because I don't like it to look as though I am trying to "get something")

I told them that I wasn't looking for any kind of "compensation" or anything, but I thought they should know so they can avoid this in the future.

I also said that if they are going to organize an activity that involves members of the crew, then they should make sure the crew on duty are "on board" and prepared to participate.

It is understandable that something like that might get old quickly, and maybe she wasn't fond of having her picture taken (I know my wife isn't) but that should have been worked out ahead of time.

I did get a call later letting me know that the situation had been "handled" and the crew member had been talked to.

And I'm glad I said something since they won't know if you don't.

They didn't do anything for me, but I wasn't wanting them to anyway so it was no problem.

I am however looking forward to trying the treasure hunt again this cruise!!

We played “Clue” on the Pride last year. The introductory show where you meet all the characters was actually quite entertaining, but it rapidly declined in “fun”. The time and location for “clues” was listed daily in the FunTimes, but on a couple of occasions, they would forget to give out the clue until reminded. The big reveal and prize drawing was set to precede a bingo game on the last sea day, but they began the bingo without mentioning the “Clue” game despite a fair number of people in the theatre waiting for the prize drawing. My husband essentially stopped the bingo game and insisted they complete the Clue game. It might not have made him popular with the FunCrew, but several passengers thanked him. (BTW, that cruise had THE worst CD and Fun Crew that I have ever encountered!)

Sounded like it would be fun, had potential to be fun, but super lame. My mom was super into it thinking we were going to have some kind of puzzle or mystery but mainly we were just rushing to be somewhere we didn't want to be and at the last clue the people were like "did anyone miss any?" and just said what they were so there was no point in us trying to get them. We did not get a ship on a stick or anything for staying with it all week either. Won't do it again.